• 2020 Summer of Love

From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPTEST to MRO on Sun Jun 2 09:03:00 2024
    Then came Summer and people in some areas went nuts.

During covid i saw things i never saw in my entire life. My car was broken int
    for the first time. People were riotting in my city.

If you look at who is in charge in most of the cities (and states) where rioting was popular that Summer, you will see something in common... they
    are administered by people who do not prosecute criminals with any
    consistency and are likely Democrats.

We didn't have any serious issues here, but just up the road in my state's largest city we did. They have that thing in common, too, and have had for
    at least 50 years now.

I was going to board up my windows. I was told to take down my american flags
    outside. People were putting up black lives matter signs so their houses didn't get vandalized or burnt down.

If you were in an area that was having problems, I can understand not
    wanting to appear patriotic. Leftist rioters don't like that.

People were standing in the middle of
    highways and making people late for work.

In Louisville, they had people who'd try to stop cars downtown and carjack them.

I knew 3 people who killed
    themselves and atleast 5 other people who died of covid.

I know of one that ODed. That was sad. I didn't know her at all, but she seemed to be the level-headed one in the relationship while the husband
    spent a lot of time on the internet telling people why the rioting was justified and other leftist stuff.

I know several who died of covid or lingering issues afterwards.

Honestly I think we need a revolution and we need to tear out and replace our govt. people need to be held accountable. They do NOT have our best intrests in mind.

There are certainly places that need to understand that what happens in
    their area is directly related to who they keep voting into office. I see Louisvillians complain about what was going on there, then turn right
    around and re-elect those in charge. They don't make the connection.

* SLMR 2.1a * Married, Who me? I can't mate in captivity!

---
    þ Synchronet þ Capitol City Test System
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Sun Jun 2 15:51:58 2024
    Re: 2020 Summer of Love
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sun Jun 02 2024 09:03 am

int
    for the first time. People were riotting in my city.

If you look at who is in charge in most of the cities (and states) where rioting was popular that Summer, you will see something in common... they are administered by people who do not prosecute criminals with any consistency and are likely Democrats.

what sad is those goverments got on the business owners who's busineses were burnt to the ground and they were threatening fines if they didn't clean it up asap.

there was a used car dealership in kenosha that didn't even have time to identify the cars for their insurance.
    I was going to board up my windows. I was told to take down my american flags
    outside. People were putting up black lives matter signs so their houses didn't get vandalized or burnt down.

If you were in an area that was having problems, I can understand not wanting to appear patriotic. Leftist rioters don't like that.

People were standing in the middle of
    highways and making people late for work.

well i was in an area of wisconsin where the kyle rittenhouse and jacob blake shit went on. Not only that, but in my city people just want a reason to riot. they were laughing about it and having fun. on a regular city street i had some black dudes jump out infront of my truck and at the time my brakes sucked. they got off lucky.

I was also pushing my god daughter in a baby carriage and crossing a cross walk and a dude tried to run me down. a few months later on the news i saw his car riddled with bullets. i dont know if he died or just ditched it.

Also some influencer made up a lie that there was a girl being kept in a house for human trafficking and they burnt down the house, burnt down the vehicles on the street outside and some people were shot. It's hard to believe this shit
    and i live here.

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPTEST to MRO on Mon Jun 3 08:55:00 2024
    If you look at who is in charge in most of the cities (and states) where rioting was popular that Summer, you will see something in common... they are administered by people who do not prosecute criminals with any consistency and are likely Democrats.

what sad is those goverments got on the business owners who's busineses were burnt to the ground and they were threatening fines if they didn't clean it up
    asap.

I heard about that. Punishing the business owners rather than the perpetrators. If it was me, and I had the resources to do so, I would be moving my business out of their city, even if mine wasn't damaged. Back in
    the late 1980s/early 1990s, Louisville pulled some crap trying to bully long-time, sucessful businesses out of an area they wanted to do something
    else with. They offered them land elsewhere but the business owners were
    smart and moved to Southern Indiana (outside of Louisville's tax
    jurisdiction) instead.

Also some influencer made up a lie that there was a girl being kept in a house
    for human trafficking and they burnt down the house, burnt down the vehicles o
    the street outside and some people were shot. It's hard to believe this shit and i live here.

It all goes back to the elected officials and what they put up with. And
    the people who keep electing them.

* SLMR 2.1a * Isn't "shrimp on a Barbie" a little kinky?

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Mon Jun 3 12:35:21 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Mon Jun 03 2024 08:55 am

what sad is those goverments got on the business owners who's busineses were burnt to the ground and they were threatening fines if they didn't clean it up
    asap.

I heard about that. Punishing the business owners rather than the perpetrators. If it was me, and I had the resources to do so, I would be moving my business out of their city, even if mine wasn't damaged. Back in the late 1980s/early 1990s, Louisville pulled some crap trying to bully long-time, sucessful businesses out of an area they wanted to do something else with. They offered them land elsewhere but the business owners were smart and moved to Southern Indiana (outside of Louisville's tax jurisdiction) instead.

They only went after a handful of people. there's a bunch of people who broke into an old man's store and a black dude broke his jaw. it was all on camera. nobody caught him or tried to. https://nypost.com/2020/08/26/elderly-man-defending-store-during-kenosha-riots- has-jaw-broken/

there were some kids that burnt down a 'cop house' and they got them. https://racinecountyeye.com/2020/06/04/2-charged-with-arson-in-cop-house-fire/
    the girl got 8 years. the guy was shooting everything on his phone.
    so stupid. he has to pay 10k restitution. he did a program and got early release.
    also it shows his 10k was taken out but doesnt show him paying it.

2 purple haired women attacked their own legislator
    and they got off with a slap on the wrist. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/29/us/wisconsin-tim-carpenter-attacked.html
    there was a white dude who was just firing bullets into crowds in kenosha and they got him. he was a felon.

Even during the daytime people had bricks thrown at their heads from moving cars.

Everything was about race. it was real ugly. crazy times.
    it's not going away, too.

It all goes back to the elected officials and what they put up with. And the people who keep electing them.

Well in my city they actually did do something, surprisingly.
    our gov didn't do much but our city tried to stop the riots.
    Then they were questioned about using so much pepper spray.

one funny thing is there was a guy recording the riots pretending to be one of them. he'd go into a walgreens and stomp out the fires when people would start them.

oh we still have that gage guy here. the one rittenhouse shot. he's still doing shit in bars and getting kicked out.

---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Tue Jun 4 08:50:00 2024
    It all goes back to the elected officials and what they put up with. And the people who keep electing them.

Well in my city they actually did do something, surprisingly.
    our gov didn't do much but our city tried to stop the riots.
    Then they were questioned about using so much pepper spray.

They are now starting to get on Louisville cops for doing the same thing.
    Some people are upset that the cops got their act together and actually
    tried to stop the destruction on the second night. Maybe the news just
    didn't cover it, but I heard very little about anyone actually being
    prosecuted for their involvement.

one funny thing is there was a guy recording the riots pretending to be one of >them. he'd go into a walgreens and stomp out the fires when people would start
    them.

oh we still have that gage guy here. the one rittenhouse shot. he's still >doing shit in bars and getting kicked out.

Wasn't Rittenhouse trying to put out a fire when he was initially attacked?

They should prosecute Gage then. They are probably afraid to, though.

I drove through Kenosha in 2021 and luckily didn't come across much going
    on, but I was there during times of day when there might not be. I did
    drive by a protest in a parking lot of a closed box store (Big Lots maybe)
    one evening in Milwaukee. The person doing the talking was trying to get
    the crowd riled up but they seemed not to be buying in too much at that
    point. The night was young, though.

As I got stopped at the light in the intersection just past there, that was
    the only time I felt a little uneasy during that trip, which included an unplanned detour through downtown Chicago... south of the commercial area.

* SLMR 2.1a * S & M: You always hurt the one you love.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Tue Jun 4 17:50:58 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Tue Jun 04 2024 08:50 am

oh we still have that gage guy here. the one rittenhouse shot. he's still >doing shit in bars and getting kicked out.

Wasn't Rittenhouse trying to put out a fire when he was initially attacked?

rittenhouse was part of the group of guys who were protecting the car lot.
    he also was doing first aid on people [there is video of this] and he put
    out the dumpster fire that jo jo rosenbaum the pedofile started.

jo jo (felon who sodomized 2 toddler boys) and he just got released from jail(for domestic violence) that day and decided to hit the streets.

skateboard guy and gage were no angels either. i think they both assaulted elderly family members.

They should prosecute Gage then. They are probably afraid to, though.

At various times since the incident, they got him for failure to signal and prowling (taking photos of police officers personal cars). probably some other stuff . he changed his name but then he was jaywalking and got hit by a car so the news reported on the accident and the name change.

I know for a fact that he has been kicked out of several bars due to his behavior. I don't even think the bars knew who he was.

I drove through Kenosha in 2021 and luckily didn't come across much going on, but I was there during times of day when there might not be. I did drive by a protest in a parking lot of a closed box store (Big Lots maybe)

the 'protesting' was during the daytime. the riots were when the lights went down. there were also piles of bricks that were found in racine and kenosha in the day time. I don't mean skids of bricks. i mean they were hidding around the downtown and put in the decorative flowerpots, etc. A coworker of mine saw it in downtown racine and took a photo and posted it.

As I got stopped at the light in the intersection just past there, that was the only time I felt a little uneasy during that trip, which included an unplanned detour through downtown Chicago... south of the commercial area.

milwaukee can be real rough. but it's usually black on black violence. seriously black people kill eachother every day here and there's a lot of reckless driving deaths. nobody does anything about it.

well recenly they turned a lot of 2 lanes into 1 lanes . they put obstructions in the lanes. doesn't help of course.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Wed Jun 5 08:37:00 2024
    the 'protesting' was during the daytime. the riots were when the lights went >down.

I know that is how it was in 2020. This was 2021, a year later. I was not aware they were still rioting at night then, but there was at least one
    protest that I happened upon before sundown.

there were also piles of bricks that were found in racine and kenosha in
    the day time. I don't mean skids of bricks. i mean they were hidding around >the downtown and put in the decorative flowerpots, etc. A coworker of mine saw
    it in downtown racine and took a photo and posted it.

A lot of "sympathizers" will say there were no hidden bricks and they were
    all staged but there is too much evidence to the contrary.

well recenly they turned a lot of 2 lanes into 1 lanes . they put obstructions >in the lanes. doesn't help of course.

It rarely does. All it does is piss people off.

* SLMR 2.1a * Oxymoron: Plastic Silverware.
    ---
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANTIR to MRO on Wed Jun 5 16:24:07 2024
    By: MRO to Dumas Walker on Sun Jun 02 2024 03:51 pm

what sad is those goverments got on the business owners who's busineses were burnt to the ground and they were threatening fines if they didn't clean it up asap.

I think it was in Mesopotamia where, if you suffered theft or damages, the magistrates responsible for keeping peace in your area had to compensate you for their inability to protect you.

You read it right: the magistrate had to reach into his pocket and cover your damages because he was understood to be responsible, due to his inability to protect you. What happened afterwards is the magistrate looked for the gulty party and recouped the costs from his hide.

A shitty culture by today's standards, they understood simple concepts like responsibility and accountability.

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Wed Jun 5 22:18:27 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Wed Jun 05 2024 08:37 am

the 'protesting' was during the daytime. the riots were when the lights went >down.

I know that is how it was in 2020. This was 2021, a year later. I was not aware they were still rioting at night then, but there was at least one protest that I happened upon before sundown.

2020 and 2021 seen like one big year to me.
    things were crazy and stayed crazy in se wisconsin for that time period.
    ---
  • From Bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON to MRO on Thu Jun 6 03:40:42 2024
    By: MRO to Dumas Walker on Wed Jun 05 2024 10:18 pm

Same in Richmond VA where the local gov't allowed the delivery of pallets of bricks into various locations around the city and allowed a bunch of bussed-in morons to destroy parts of the city with no consequences.

For this reason, I do not venture into the city anymore and they get none of my tax dollars... my only means of protesting the idiot gov't... but I am not alone. Many feel the same and do the same.

And I only miss dining at one restaurant...

---
    þ Synchronet þ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPTEST to BF2K+ on Thu Jun 6 09:40:00 2024
    For this reason, I do not venture into the city anymore and they get none of my
    tax dollars... my only means of protesting the idiot gov't... but I am not >alone. Many feel the same and do the same.

I feel similarly towards Louisville. I have family that lives there,
    though, so it is difficult to avoid entirely. I can avoid downtown,
    though.

The government, and some of the residents, always complain about how no new businesses (especially retailers) want to locate downtown. They were complaining about it not long before their downtown errupted in violence.
    If they cannot connect the dots, they are pretty damn stupid.

* SLMR 2.1a * To err is human, to forgive is unusual.

---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Thu Jun 6 09:24:00 2024

In a lot of ways they are for me also, except I think I would also throw 2022 in there.

Sorry to hear they stayed crazy there for so long.

* SLMR 2.1a * Beercan Located. Operator Loaded.
    ---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Dumas Walker on Thu Jun 6 13:20:42 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to BF2K+ on Thu Jun 06 2024 09:40 am

I feel similarly towards Louisville. I have family that lives there, though, so it is difficult to avoid entirely. I can avoid downtown, though.

The government, and some of the residents, always complain about how no new businesses (especially retailers) want to locate downtown. They were complaining about it not long before their downtown errupted in violence. If they cannot connect the dots, they are pretty damn stupid.

That reminds me of how Portland, OR has gotten worse in recent years. People generally wouldn't have felt this way years ago, but there have been significantly more incidences of unsafe activity in Portland, including vandalism of companies' buildings, causing some companies to decide to close their Portland locaitons. Reduction in police funding over the last few years may have something to do with that.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Bf2k+ on Thu Jun 6 18:17:17 2024
    By: Bf2k+ to MRO on Thu Jun 06 2024 03:40 am

Same in Richmond VA where the local gov't allowed the delivery of pallets of bricks into various locations around the city and allowed a bunch of bussed-in morons to destroy parts of the city with no consequences.

For this reason, I do not venture into the city anymore and they get none of my tax dollars... my only means of protesting the idiot gov't... but I am not alone. Many feel the same and do the same.

Those cities in virginia are great and they have great people. they're a great place to vacation. I've been all over there. You can really FEEL the history of our country there, too.

it sucks that all that protesting bullshit happened and people got hurt.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Thu Jun 6 18:19:38 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Thu Jun 06 2024 09:24 am

In a lot of ways they are for me also, except I think I would also throw 2022 in there.

if i could roll back the clock and just live in that period before all that crap happened i would.

everything changed.
    ---
  • From Bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON to Dumas Walker on Thu Jun 6 17:42:03 2024

This seems to be the case with most of these cities where the real "insurrections" occurred.

---
  • From Bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON to MRO on Thu Jun 6 17:46:45 2024
    By: MRO to Bf2k+ on Thu Jun 06 2024 06:17 pm

Those cities in virginia are great and they have great people. they're a great place to vacation. I've been all over there. You can really FEEL the history of our country there, too.

it sucks that all that protesting bullshit happened and people got hurt.

It isn't the same anymore... people are moving out of the city since the civil war statues that weren't destroyed by the morons were later removed by the gov't. They even removed AP Hill's statue which was sitting on the top of his gravesite (that operation should have been illegal.)

Oh well...

---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to NIGHTFOX on Thu Jun 6 16:12:00 2024
    The government, and some of the residents, always complain about how no >DW> new businesses (especially retailers) want to locate downtown. They were >DW> complaining about it not long before their downtown errupted in violence. >DW> If they cannot connect the dots, they are pretty damn stupid.

That reminds me of how Portland, OR has gotten worse in recent years. People >generally wouldn't have felt this way years ago, but there have been >significantly more incidences of unsafe activity in Portland, including >vandalism of companies' buildings, causing some companies to decide to close >their Portland locaitons. Reduction in police funding over the last few years >may have something to do with that.

IIRC, I think it was the Portland mayor who showed up in the national news trying to make friendly with "antifa"/the unsafe activists during that
    Summer. That doesn't send out a good message to businesses and
    organizations that might want to invest in the city, either.

* SLMR 2.1a * The penalty for bigamy is having two mothers-in-law.
    ---
  • From Dr. What@VERT/THEGATEB to Bf2k+ on Fri Jun 7 07:24:00 2024
    Bf2k+ wrote to MRO <=-

For this reason, I do not venture into the city anymore and they get
    none of my tax dollars... my only means of protesting the idiot
    gov't... but I am not alone. Many feel the same and do the same.

Same for us in Grand Rapids, MI. We don't go into the city anymore.

All the good restaurants are gone in Grand Rapids. Either damaged in the "riot" in 2020 or not enough paying customers.

Many years ago, my wife and I did a little walking tour of the city. We went down an area that at one point was obviously a prosperous area, but now run down. I did some research on that area and found that the area was near the riots back in the 1960's. It never recovered.

Some businesses never came back. Others left permanently. Still others closed as the business traffic stopped.

... The wise open their minds, but a fool opens his mouth.
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ ** The Gate BBS - Shelby, NC - thegateb.synchro.net **
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Fri Jun 7 08:28:00 2024

if i could roll back the clock and just live in that period before all that crap happened i would.

everything changed.

Yes it did, sort of like post-9/11 was different than before.

* SLMR 2.1a * It was all so different before everything changed.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to BF2K+ on Fri Jun 7 08:34:00 2024
    It isn't the same anymore... people are moving out of the city since the civil >war statues that weren't destroyed by the morons were later removed by the >gov't. They even removed AP Hill's statue which was sitting on the top of his >gravesite (that operation should have been illegal.)

Trying to erase history is something that, ironically, both leftists and fascists like to do.

* SLMR 2.1a * A father is a banker provided by nature.
    ---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Dumas Walker on Fri Jun 7 09:58:26 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to NIGHTFOX on Thu Jun 06 2024 04:12 pm

That reminds me of how Portland, OR has gotten worse in recent years.

IIRC, I think it was the Portland mayor who showed up in the national news trying to make friendly with "antifa"/the unsafe activists during that Summer. That doesn't send out a good message to businesses and organizations that might want to invest in the city, either.

It's sad, because I like this area (I also have family & friends here). At some point I imagine things will need to turn around.

Nightfox

---
  • From Gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR to Nightfox on Fri Jun 7 13:39:00 2024
    Nightfox wrote to Dumas Walker <=-

IIRC, I think it was the Portland mayor who showed up in the national news trying to make friendly with "antifa"/the unsafe activists during that Summer. That doesn't send out a good message to businesses and organizations that might want to invest in the city, either.

It's sad, because I like this area (I also have family & friends
    here). At some point I imagine things will need to turn around.

At some point you may need to move to a sane part of the country.

I suggest Florida. ;-)

... All hope abandon, ye who enter messages here.
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Gamgee on Fri Jun 7 15:20:02 2024
    Re: Re: 2020 Summer of Love
    By: Gamgee to Nightfox on Fri Jun 07 2024 01:39 pm

It's sad, because I like this area (I also have family & friends here).
    At some point I imagine things will need to turn around.

I suggest Florida. ;-)

Florida? Sane? Are you familiar with "Florida Man"? ;) Also, I've visited Florida before, and I think it's too hot and humid in the summer for my taste. Also, hurricanes.

Although there is the crime in parts of the area here, I live in a suburb where I think it's not so bad. I still enjoy things here.

Nightfox

---
  • From Gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR to Nightfox on Fri Jun 7 19:53:00 2024
    Nightfox wrote to Gamgee <=-

Re: Re: 2020 Summer of Love
    By: Gamgee to Nightfox on Fri Jun 07 2024 01:39 pm

It's sad, because I like this area (I also have family & friends here).
    At some point I imagine things will need to turn around.

I suggest Florida. ;-)

Florida? Sane? Are you familiar with "Florida Man"? ;) Also,
    I've visited Florida before, and I think it's too hot and humid
    in the summer for my taste. Also, hurricanes.

Haha, that's just a silly internet meme/phenomenom. It is indeed hot and humid, no argument with that. But I'll take hurricanes over wildfires or earthquakes. Or excessive regulations and ridiculous taxes. ;-)

Although there is the crime in parts of the area here, I live in
    a suburb where I think it's not so bad. I still enjoy things
    here.

Well that's what counts.

... A day without sunshine is like night.
  • From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to Dumas Walker on Sat Jun 8 10:54:00 2024
    IIRC, I think it was the Portland mayor who showed up in the national
    news trying to make friendly with "antifa"/the unsafe activists during that Summer. That doesn't send out a good message to businesses and organizations that might want to invest in the city, either.

And he was attacked by antifa that summer, too. I was in Portland and went down to watch the 'protests' - what *I* saw at 3pm was a mostly friendly protest, but I was there with an army vet who was feeling uneasy and asked to leave... we went and got our vehicle and drove by before taking off - the line of police, in the 7 minutes we took to get to our car, started a line of officers to clear the area and teargas was going off and people were running.

Stoked that my buddy had that feeling...

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to NIGHTFOX on Sat Jun 8 10:46:00 2024

IIRC, I think it was the Portland mayor who showed up in the national new
    trying to make friendly with "antifa"/the unsafe activists during that Summer. That doesn't send out a good message to businesses and organizations that might want to invest in the city, either.

It's sad, because I like this area (I also have family & friends here). At some point I imagine things will need to turn around.

Unless people start voting differently, thing won't turn around. They may
    seem to start turning, but they won't continue in a good direction for
    long. At least, that is what I have observed of the city I used to live in (Louisville).

* SLMR 2.1a * Improve your memory, forget about work
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to NIGHTFOX on Sat Jun 8 10:49:00 2024
    I've visited
    Florida before, and I think it's too hot and humid in the summer for my taste.

Mine also. I love SEC football and all but, if I ever move, I am thinking
    it will be towards the North for the weather. Yeah, it gets colder in
    winter but I can put on more clothes or blankets. When it is so hot and sticky, there are only so many layers you can remove before it becomes
    indecent and, in the Bible Belt, illegal! :D

* SLMR 2.1a * We are all related...relatively speaking
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to PAULIE420 on Sun Jun 9 08:35:00 2024
    And he was attacked by antifa that summer, too.

Yes, I remember that. He still seemed unphased by most of their actions
    until after the 2020 election was over and they kept acting up. He started talking sense after that.

I was in Portland and went down
    to watch the 'protests' - what *I* saw at 3pm was a mostly friendly protest, but I was there with an army vet who was feeling uneasy and asked to leave... we went and got our vehicle and drove by before taking off - the line of police, in the 7 minutes we took to get to our car, started a line of officers
    to clear the area and teargas was going off and people were running.

Stoked that my buddy had that feeling...

Glad you had that buddy with you at the time!

* SLMR 2.1a * In making decisions, recall that the trend is a friend.
    ---
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANTIR to Dumas Walker on Sun Jun 9 15:50:01 2024

The government, and some of the residents, always complain about how no new businesses (especially retailers) want to locate downtown. They were complaining about it not long before their downtown errupted in violence.

Politicians most surely *know*. It is the serfs who can't figure it out.

--

---
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANTIR to Bf2k+ on Sun Jun 9 15:52:12 2024
    By: Bf2k+ to MRO on Thu Jun 06 2024 05:46 pm

It isn't the same anymore... people are moving out of the city since the civil war statues that weren't destroyed by the morons were later removed by the gov't. They even removed AP Hill's statue which was sitting on the top of his gravesite (that operation should have been illegal.)

They also replaced the tomstone on General Lee's horse, which is the lowest of the lowest of the backstabbings. I bet the horse was an evil southern who "hated them nigga's" or something.

--

---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to ARELOR on Mon Jun 10 07:06:00 2024
    The government, and some of the residents, always complain about how no new businesses (especially retailers) want to locate downtown. They were complaining about it not long before their downtown errupted in violence. If they cannot connect the dots, they are pretty damn stupid.

Politicians most surely *know*. It is the serfs who can't figure it out.

Most likely you are correct. It is the voters (serfs) who cannot connect
    the dots, or don't want to.

* SLMR 2.1a * Walking in a winter wonderland.
    ---