• oh man joe biden

From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to All on Fri Jun 28 13:05:32 2024
    God damn joe biden was like a corpse with a speaker shoved up his ass and someone working his mouth open and closed.

This dude is in bad shape. I can also tell they shot him up with a drug cocktail again but it wasn't working. It Probably was playing against the cold or whatever he had. maybe he got covid again. it's booming right now.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON to MRO on Fri Jun 28 18:38:18 2024
    Re: oh man joe biden
    By: MRO to All on Fri Jun 28 2024 01:05 pm

God damn joe biden was like a corpse with a speaker shoved up his ass and someone working his mouth open and closed.

I actually felt sorry for him. He has no business attempting another presidency. I think the Democrat party did it to him deliberately to use it as a tool to get rid of him and put Obama's wife in there... IMHO.

My wife said he was on TV today and looked totally recovered from his 'cold'.

---
    þ Synchronet þ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io
  • From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to MRO on Fri Jun 28 21:29:00 2024

This dude is in bad shape. I can also tell they shot him up with a drug cocktail again but it wasn't working. It Probably was playing against
    the cold or whatever he had. maybe he got covid again. it's booming right now. ---

The left jumped ship en mass today; its obvious that last nights debate went exactly how his handlers wanted it to, I just can't figure out why. I suppose ole Joe might have been forcing his 90 y/o hand and really wanting to run, and they wanted to axe it.

It was insane; even CNN played ball... so freaking weird; I just know we can't trust the media - it ISN'T... the media. IMO we are fucked - I don't want EITHER one of those candidates - best I can figure, they're gonna try to force in some 'really good' democratic choice... but who???

And Joe is gonna dig his heels in??? The deep state it involved, tho - its gonna be a wild summer for sure.

Trump sucked last night, too BTW... We need TWO real candidates. Vivek! RFK! Obama! Revolution!

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Bf2k+ on Sat Jun 29 03:00:05 2024
    By: Bf2k+ to MRO on Fri Jun 28 2024 06:38 pm

as a tool to get rid of him and put Obama's wife in there... IMHO.

maybe he didn't have a cold and what they injected him with gave him a bad reaction. i know they shoot him up with stuff to try to get him alert. i have been watching him in the past and i see when it wears off.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Sat Jun 29 10:19:00 2024

Whoever was working his mouth was not very good at choosing what to say.

This dude is in bad shape. I can also tell they shot him up with a drug cocktail again but it wasn't working. It Probably was playing against the
    ol
    or whatever he had. maybe he got covid again. it's booming right now.

I don't think he had a cold. As you said, if they shot him up with adderal
    or something, it did not work. I was really shocked that, at least during
    the first hour, CNN didn't seem to be trying to help him out, either.

The new format really didn't help him. Without Trump interrupting him, he
    was allowed to ramble and stumble for his full amount of time. I only
    watched the first hour. I saw some clips from later where they must have
    left both mics on as there was some sparring going on (about golf hadicaps,
    of all things).

* SLMR 2.1a * Old age = you + 20 years.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to BF2K+ on Sat Jun 29 10:39:00 2024

I actually felt sorry for him. He has no business attempting another presidency. I think the Democrat party did it to him deliberately to use it

a tool to get rid of him and put Obama's wife in there... IMHO.

Allegedly, she has denied wanting the job multiple times. That may be why
    they kept him and are now scrambling.

I don't think he had one. Even after the debate, he and Jill were at some post-debate rally and he looked better -- probably because she was the one doing most of the talking and he just had to stand there and smile.

* SLMR 2.1a * So many ancestors, so little time.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to PAULIE420 on Sat Jun 29 10:39:00 2024
    The left jumped ship en mass today; its obvious that last nights debate went exactly how his handlers wanted it to, I just can't figure out why. I suppose ole Joe might have been forcing his 90 y/o hand and really wanting to run,
    nd
    they wanted to axe it.

Some are jumping. Others (people I know) have really dug in. They would defend the debate performance if all he did was stand there and drool.
    They really hate Trump that much. They probably don't care for Biden but
    are happy with how his handlers are running the country. Just as long as
    it is a Democrat and not Trump they don't care.

Supposedly, it is Jill Biden who is insisting that Joe continue to run.

It was insane; even CNN played ball... so freaking weird; I just know we
    an't
    trust the media - it ISN'T... the media. IMO we are fucked - I don't want EITHER one of those candidates - best I can figure, they're gonna try to
    orce
    in some 'really good' democratic choice... but who???

I have grown tired of both of them also. I cannot think of any Democrat
    that I think is "really good." They cannot run Barack again, his wife supposedly does not want to run, and whoever is left is probably more left
    than the Biden Administration has been.

Supposedly Kamala is upset that the names being floated by some Democrat pundits do not include hers. I am sure Hillary will try to get her name
    out there but IMHO she is done. Swalwell gets mentioned some, but his
    sleeping with Fang Fang the spy should prevent him from consideration (should!), and I hear that California's governor is desperate to be
    considered before he loses re-election in his own state.

And Joe is gonna dig his heels in??? The deep state it involved, tho - its gonna be a wild summer for sure.

Trump sucked last night, too BTW... We need TWO real candidates. Vivek! RFK! Obama! Revolution!

I watched the first hour. He was more coherent than Biden, which was not
    at all difficult to do, and his answers to some questions were good. That said, he danced around a few others and flat out didn't answer one. Biden actually seemed to briefly gain coherence and gave what I thought was a
    good answer to a Jan 6 question that Trump didn't really answer.

The way things are going, RFK will likely get my vote if he is on the
    ballot in my state. If Biden runs and wins, Kamala will wind up President between now and 2028, which is a non starter for me. The Democrats would
    have to swing hard towards center for me to even consider them. I cannot vote for Trump because of his previous insistance that Presidents are basically above the law.

* SLMR 2.1a * "Bother," said Pooh, and twitted his moderator.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Sat Jun 29 10:33:00 2024
    maybe he didn't have a cold and what they injected him with gave him a bad >reaction. i know they shoot him up with stuff to try to get him alert. i
    ave
    been watching him in the past and i see when it wears off.

I believe the 9-11pm ET time slot was too late for him to be alert. I do
    not believe the "cold" excuse.

* SLMR 2.1a * So far, so good, so what?
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Bf2k+ on Sat Jun 29 18:13:40 2024
    By: Bf2k+ to MRO on Fri Jun 28 2024 06:38 pm

By: MRO to All on Fri Jun 28 2024 01:05 pm

I actually felt sorry for him. He has no business attempting another presidency. I think the Democrat party did it to him deliberately to use it as a tool to get rid of him and put Obama's wife in there... IMHO.

Now i see people saying that they want him to be a figurehead like the queen of england and they are happy with him having such a great team running the govt.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Sat Jun 29 19:29:23 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sat Jun 29 2024 10:19 am

The new format really didn't help him. Without Trump interrupting him, he was allowed to ramble and stumble for his full amount of time. I only watched the first hour. I saw some clips from later where they must have left both mics on as there was some sparring going on (about golf hadicaps, of all things).

afterwards there's a vid of his wife leading him down the stairs and he's shaking hands or something with the debate people. they said trump walking out showed he didn't have class. his wife leading him like that looked horrible too.

https://x.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1806520919155978428
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Sat Jun 29 19:31:01 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to BF2K+ on Sat Jun 29 2024 10:39 am

I actually felt sorry for him. He has no business attempting another presidency. I think the Democrat party did it to him deliberately to use it

a tool to get rid of him and put Obama's wife in there... IMHO.

Allegedly, she has denied wanting the job multiple times. That may be why they kept him and are now scrambling.

there's an 'expert' i saw in a video who predicts that biden will stop
    his run for re-election and there's a short list of people that will step in. california gov, michigan gov and other people.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Sat Jun 29 19:31:34 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sat Jun 29 2024 10:33 am

maybe he didn't have a cold and what they injected him with gave him a bad >reaction. i know they shoot him up with stuff to try to get him alert. i ave
    been watching him in the past and i see when it wears off.

I believe the 9-11pm ET time slot was too late for him to be alert. I do not believe the "cold" excuse.

yeah joe hits the hay at 6-7pm
    that's coming from them.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Sun Jun 30 09:32:00 2024
    afterwards there's a vid of his wife leading him down the stairs and he's shaking hands or something with the debate people. they said trump walking ou
    showed he didn't have class. his wife leading him like that looked horrible too.

Yeah, I saw that one. You can see Trump exiting the stage to the viewer's left, while Jill slowly helps Joe down the short couple of steps. They
    also had another person there to assist in the event that Joe fell to the
    side Jill was not on.

It is too bad Trump didn't exit in the same manner. That would have
    provided a perfect contrast.

* SLMR 2.1a * Is beer like Champagne?
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Sun Jun 30 09:35:00 2024
    his run for re-election and there's a short list of people that will step in. california gov, michigan gov and other people.

Those are the two substitues I have also seen mentioned the most. Ironic
    they are not mentioning Kamala. If Joe steps aside, I wonder if they'd
    even keep her as the VP candidate?

Newsome is desperate to get out of CA before they vote him out. Michigan's governor is one of the ones, like Cuomo, who chucked COVID patients into nursing homes and killed a bunch of people, and who didn't stop doing so
    once it started killing people.

* SLMR 2.1a * Remember: 'i' before 'e', except in Budweiser
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Sun Jun 30 09:43:00 2024
    Re: Biden

Now i see people saying that they want him to be a figurehead like the queen o
    england and they are happy with him having such a great team running the govt.

There were some saying that four years ago when it was pointed out that he
    was already not all there.... "Trump will surround himself with yes people,
    but Biden will build a good team." I agree with the first half of the sentence, but a Democrat team being good only is true if you believe that moving left and being globalist is good.

* SLMR 2.1a * I backed up my hard drive... and smashed into a bus!
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Sun Jun 30 15:40:51 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sun Jun 30 2024 09:32 am

also had another person there to assist in the event that Joe fell to the side Jill was not on.

It is too bad Trump didn't exit in the same manner. That would have provided a perfect contrast.

I'm sure trump said goodbyes to individuals. Furthermore, this is also cnn which literally is his enemy. On their site they are still bulding up biden and talking about trump repeating "falsehoods".

Biden WAS a world class debator. There was nothing he was better at. He couldn't debate a meatloaf at this point, and that's not a bunch of malarky.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Sun Jun 30 15:45:19 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sun Jun 30 2024 09:35 am

Those are the two substitues I have also seen mentioned the most. Ironic they are not mentioning Kamala. If Joe steps aside, I wonder if they'd
    even keep her as the VP candidate?

Newsome is desperate to get out of CA before they vote him out. Michigan's governor is one of the ones, like Cuomo, who chucked COVID patients into nursing homes and killed a bunch of people, and who didn't stop doing so once it started killing people.

Here's the list they are all putting out.
    sometimes kamala is on it.

Gavin Newsom
    The 56-year-old California governor was in the spin room on Thursday night talking down any alternatives to Biden as nominee, saying it was "nonsensical speculation". He had a primetime debate last year with the Florida governor, Ron DeSantis, which could be a presidential match-up of the future, and has made a point of supporting Democrats in elections away from his home state, which looked, at times, like a shadow White House campaign.

J B Pritzker
    The 59-year-old governor of Illinois would be one of the wealthiest of possible picks. He can flourish his credentials of having codified the right to abortion in Illinois and declaring it a "sanctuary state" for women seeking abortions. He has also been strong on gun control, and legalised recreational marijuana.

Gretchen Whitmer
    The Michigan governor, 52, was on the shortlist for VP pick for Biden in 2020, and a strong showing in the midterms for the Democratic party was in part attributed to her governership. She has been in favour of stricter gun laws, repealing abortion bans and backing universal preschool.

Sherrod Brown ohio senator,
    The 71-year-old would be the oldest of the alternate picks, but is still seven years younger than Trump. It was considered a surprise when he did not have a tilt for the Democratic nomination for 2020, at the time saying remaining as Ohio's senator was "the best place for me to make that fight" on behalf of working people. A strong voice on labour rights and protections, he has also spoken defending IVF and abortion.

Dean Phillips
    A candidate during the Democratic primaries earlier this year, he picked some backers but failed to appeal to the broader party, winning no contests, and so is unlikely to be a factor if Biden steps down.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Sun Jun 30 15:52:11 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sun Jun 30 2024 09:43 am

There were some saying that four years ago when it was pointed out that he was already not all there.... "Trump will surround himself with yes people, but Biden will build a good team." I agree with the first half of the sentence, but a Democrat team being good only is true if you believe that moving left and being globalist is good.

Trump literally ran it like a business. He even brought in people to give them a chance and if they didn't work out, he cut them. That's how he does things.
    He wanted everything to work like a business.

There were some people that didn't play along and just talked to the press all the time. That didn't help out anything. Paul ryan comes to mind. Paul Ryan is a sellout. He used to be for the people but when he moved on up he sold out. That's what everyone is required to do when they work their way up in politics.
    ---
  • From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to Dumas Walker on Sun Jun 30 19:10:00 2024
    Some are jumping. Others (people I know) have really dug in. They would defend the debate performance if all he did was stand there and drool. They really hate Trump that much. They probably don't care for Biden but are happy with how his handlers are running the country. Just as long as it is a Democrat and not Trump they don't care.

Well - the entire camp jumped like 10 minutes after the debate. It 100% was a setup and... I just hate the media. The media, they are not.

I have grown tired of both of them also. I cannot think of any Democrat that I think is "really good." They cannot run Barack again, his wife supposedly does not want to run, and whoever is left is probably more
    left than the Biden Administration has been.

I heard freaking Bernie Sanders - as if that would work against Trump... I think we need to get beyond republican/democrat. I want the best [wo]man for the job - we need a complete rethink IMO.

Supposedly Kamala is upset that the names being floated by some Democrat pundits do not include hers.

She is a COMPLETE nothing burger. She'll never be the POTUS, not will she run for it. Her entire career was putting poc in prison and wants to somehow be a savior because she's on the democrat ticket? GTFOH.

That said, he danced around a few others and flat out didn't answer one. Biden actually seemed to briefly gain coherence and gave what I thought was a good answer to a Jan 6 question that Trump didn't really answer.

I was yelling at Trump; freaking SAY OUT LOUD that 12M people came to the border, literally said 'im scared of X country and need asylum' and we let them in with a court date 38 mos later - its insane...

The way things are going, RFK will likely get my vote if he is on the ballot in my state. If Biden runs and wins, Kamala will wind up
    President between now and 2028, which is a non starter for me.
    I cannot vote for Trump because of his previous insistance that DW> Presidents are basically above the law.

I agree that I can't vote Biden... RFK, while not someone I'd... want to vote for - I hear you.

I disagree about Trumps 'above the law' view - I think they DO need to be above the law - because they literall have to be. Cmon dude; you think Bush didn't break ALL the laws going into Iraq? But thats the point... we pick a leader, and we stand behind them; I think yer getting wrapped up with the messenger in Trump, but what he's trying to say DOES make sense.

Our POTUS' do the deeds that need to be done - whether we agree or not - they shouldn't be ruined because of those choices; they should NOT be elected before them.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
  • From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to Dumas Walker on Sun Jun 30 19:12:00 2024
    I believe the 9-11pm ET time slot was too late for him to be alert. I do not believe the "cold" excuse.

Agree - I also think he's a career politician who can read a speech or a teleprompter better than the media... he's a politician; a washed up, RETIREE who won't give in. And he's gonna NOT give in until he fucks up the U.S. citizens because of his inability to realize......

He's fuckin dead, dude. He won't make it - well, MAYBE he'll be alive in 2028 - but he won't be coherent. Go freaking retire and enjoy your awesome life... but no, he wants to keep fucking us till the last breathe.

Disgusting.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
  • From Bryan@VERT/TINYTIME to Dumas Walker on Sun Jun 30 11:32:59 2024
    The Democrats would have to swing hard towards center for me to even consider them. I cannot vote for Trump because of >his previous insistance that Presidents are basically above the law.

One thing to keep in mind is that Trump and MAGA have moved the overton window far enough right that center looks left. I find it incredulous that the parties believe that these two are the best America has to offer. Then again, the parties are the problem.

---
    ï¿­ Synchronet ï¿­ Sent from TinyTime BBS
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANTIR to paulie420 on Mon Jul 1 04:51:58 2024
    Re: Re: oh man joe biden
    By: paulie420 to Dumas Walker on Sun Jun 30 2024 07:10 pm

I disagree about Trumps 'above the law' view - I think they DO need to be above the law - because they literall have to be. Cmon dude; you think Bush didn't break ALL the laws going into Iraq? But thats the point... we pick a leader, and we stand behind them; I think yer getting wrapped up with the messenger in Trump, but what he's trying to say DOES make sense.

Waters get a bit muddy here.

The way democracy works is by having people delegate their rights on the government. I don't think you can delegate rights you don't have, as a general principle. If you don't have the right to steal bread from the poor then you can't appoint a government to steal bread themselves. Modern democracies have lots of exceptions but that is because modern democracies are crooked.

So basically I think if you don't have the right to steal and lie and kill then you cannot designate somebody to steal and lie and kill in your name.

Trump's case is kind of funny because half the US political class was in a state of open rebellion all through 2020. Local politicians were letting rioters thrive because riots brough unstability to the federal government, and they didn't care if the people they represented had their homes, cars and businesses burned in the process. Governors were wiping their asses with executive orders. Democracy was ripping by the seams because half the country didn't respect due procedures, and in any other country this would have resulted in lots of politicians getting jailed for insubordination or rebellion.

So yeah, if majors and governors are above the law and above their duty, the why not every other politician? If open rebellion is a valid tactic for democrats in 2020 then open rebellion is a valid tactic in Jan 6 and laws need not apply to any side.

I don't think democrats who jumped on the George Floyd bandwagon are aware of the sort of Pandora's box they opened.

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Mon Jul 1 09:04:00 2024
    also had another person there to assist in the event that Joe fell to the side Jill was not on.

It is too bad Trump didn't exit in the same manner. That would have provided a perfect contrast.

I'm sure trump said goodbyes to individuals. Furthermore, this is also cnn which literally is his enemy. On their site they are still bulding up biden and talking about trump repeating "falsehoods".

I meant it would have been nice to contrast how they both handled the
    steps. Trump didn't use them.

Biden told some falsehoods, too. After his *repeated* claim that border
    patrol had endorsed him, the border patrol union posted on social media
    that they had not, and never would, endorse Biden.

His claim that no soldiers had died under his watch was also very false.
    There were several deaths during the botched Afghanistan withdrawl, and
    there have also been deaths elsewhere (Jordan for example).

Regarding CNN, when Biden started to look lost while Trump spoke, I was
    shocked they continued to use the split screen. It did Biden no favors.

Biden WAS a world class debator. There was nothing he was better at. He couldn't debate a meatloaf at this point, and that's not a bunch of malarky.

No joke. He is horrible.

* SLMR 2.1a * Brevity is the soul of utter incomprehension.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Mon Jul 1 08:26:00 2024
    Sherrod Brown ohio senator,
    The 71-year-old would be the oldest of the alternate picks, but is still seven
    years younger than Trump. It was considered a surprise when he did not have a tilt for the Democratic nomination for 2020, at the time saying remaining as Ohio's senator was "the best place for me to make that fight" on behalf of working people. A strong voice on labour rights and protections, he has also spoken defending IVF and abortion.

This brings up something that I don't understand. Why have some states
    used their anti-abortion stances to go after IVF, too? They basically
    don't want people who don't want kids to get rid of them, and they also
    don't want people who do want kids, but can't have them without help, to
    have them.

Sounds like they just like to punish people.

* SLMR 2.1a * A Macintosh is an EtchaSketch you don't have to shake.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Mon Jul 1 09:06:00 2024
    Trump literally ran it like a business. He even brought in people to give the
    a chance and if they didn't work out, he cut them. That's how he does things.
    He wanted everything to work like a business.

There were some people that didn't play along and just talked to the press all
    the time. That didn't help out anything. Paul ryan comes to mind. Paul Ryan is a sellout. He used to be for the people but when he moved on up he sold out
    That's what everyone is required to do when they work their way up in politics

There were some sellouts, but Trump also has a reputation for either not listening to, or firing, people who do not tell him what he wants to hear.

IMHO, so does Hillary and many/most other politicians these days.

Joe has at least some history of not listening, too... Afghanistan
    comes to mind... but he also did not fire any of those Generals who gave him bad advice that *was* followed, either, which he should have done.

* SLMR 2.1a * "Bother", said Pooh, as he pulled the cat off his face.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to PAULIE420 on Mon Jul 1 09:08:00 2024
    Supposedly Kamala is upset that the names being floated by some Democrat pundits do not include hers.

She is a COMPLETE nothing burger. She'll never be the POTUS, not will she run for it. Her entire career was putting poc in prison and wants to somehow be a savior because she's on the democrat ticket? GTFOH.

That, and doing as Monica did, so to speak. At least Monica didn't use it
    to get a start in politics.

That said, he danced around a few others and flat out didn't answer one. Biden actually seemed to briefly gain coherence and gave what I thought was a good answer to a Jan 6 question that Trump didn't really answer.

I was yelling at Trump; freaking SAY OUT LOUD that 12M people came to the border, literally said 'im scared of X country and need asylum' and we let the
    in with a court date 38 mos later - its insane...

Yeah, one of the few things that Biden was able to do was sometimes bait
    Trump into spending too much time refuting Biden's previous answer vs.
    giving a good answer of his own. There was another issue... I cannot
    remember which one... where Trump could have given a great answer but
    instead used his time to cover something Biden mentioned.

The way things are going, RFK will likely get my vote if he is on the ballot in my state. If Biden runs and wins, Kamala will wind up President between now and 2028, which is a non starter for me.
    I cannot vote for Trump because of his previous insistance that DW> Presidents are basically above the law.

I agree that I can't vote Biden... RFK, while not someone I'd... want to vote for - I hear you.

I really don't want to, either, but something needs to happen or the
    dominant parties won't learn from their errors, which they've kept
    repeating since at least 2016.

I disagree about Trumps 'above the law' view - I think they DO need to be abov
    the law - because they literall have to be. Cmon dude; you think Bush didn't break ALL the laws going into Iraq? But thats the point... we pick a leader, and we stand behind them; I think yer getting wrapped up with the messenger in
    Trump, but what he's trying to say DOES make sense.

There are some protections regarding certain things that Presidents have to
    do, but they cannot be held above the law for everything... like terminating a political rival, as Trump's lawyer, in court, flat out agreed a President should be able to get away with so long as Congress does not impeach
    him/her.

I thought for sure that lawyer would get fired but, oddly, he is the one
    that Trump kept.

I voted for Trump twice, tho 2016 was really a vote against HRC, so I don't think I have an issue getting wrapped up with the messenger there. I
    certainly don't have the hate-boner for him that a lot of people do. If I
    had to vote for one or the other this time, and had no other choice, I'd have to vote for Trump again but since I don't have to I won't.

As an aside, it has recently come out that HRC, as SOS, wanted Julian
    Assange droned so that he could not leak any more damaging evidence against
    her or the Obama Administration. Had Obama followed her advice, I
    certainly think he should *not* be protected from prosecution for it.

If we protect Presidents from prosecution from *everything*, we are no
    better than any other self-oppressive nations.

* SLMR 2.1a * Driving Lesson One: Shiny side up; rubber side down.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to PAULIE420 on Mon Jul 1 08:56:00 2024
    I believe the 9-11pm ET time slot was too late for him to be alert. I do
    not believe the "cold" excuse.

Agree - I also think he's a career politician who can read a speech or a teleprompter better than the media... he's a politician; a washed up, RETIREE who won't give in. And he's gonna NOT give in until he fucks up the U.S. citizens because of his inability to realize......

Yeah, he is much better, but slipping, with a teleprompter. I am sure he missed having one during the debate.

He's fuckin dead, dude. He won't make it - well, MAYBE he'll be alive in 2028 but he won't be coherent. Go freaking retire and enjoy your awesome life... bu
    no, he wants to keep fucking us till the last breathe.

Disgusting.

Someone mentioned this and I had forgot... Obama talked him into stepping
    aside for the 2016 election to let HRC pretty much run without opposition.
    Joe always wanted to be President, and Obama supposedly promised he could
    try "next." So they were pointing out that maybe what we have now...
    Zombie Biden running... is an indirect result of that promise.

* SLMR 2.1a * Ah, the vastness of space and time... and I end up here..
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to BRYAN on Mon Jul 1 09:09:00 2024
    The Democrats would have to swing hard towards center for me to even consider
    them. I cannot vote for Trump because of >his previous insistance that Presidents are basically above the law.

One thing to keep in mind is that Trump and MAGA have moved the overton window
    far enough right that center looks left.

That is true, especially in the eyes of a MAGA or a far-right wing voter.
    There are some things that used to be center that they will flat out attack
    as being "leftist."

I find it incredulous that the parties
    believe that these two are the best America has to offer. Then again, the parties are the problem.

I agree 100% on both points. We have had nothing but horrible choices
    since at least 2016. I did not like, or vote for, Obama but at least he
    was coherent and I cannot say he was an outright horrible choice.

* SLMR 2.1a * Cheer leaders do it cheerfully.
    ---
  • From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to Arelor on Mon Jul 1 20:45:00 2024
    Cmon dude; you think didn't break ALL the laws going into Iraq?

Waters get a bit muddy here.

LOL - really? How so - what I was trying to say is that I think presidential immunity IS needed, and WAS given through all of our history - Trump only had to fight for it being on the books because of what the current POTUS is doing to him.

And... I think the SCOTUS got it right today with the limited ruling they gave; I think they got it perfect.

So basically I think if you don't have the right to steal and lie and
    kill then you cannot designate somebody to steal and lie and kill in
    your name.

And thats pretty much what SCOTUS said today; presidents have immunity when they are doing things that relate to their position - and not if they kill their wife. Or politcal opponent. :P

Democracy was ripping by the seams because half the country didn't Ar> respect due procedures, and in any other country this would have resulted Ar> in lots of politicians getting jailed for insubordination or rebellion.

And still are.... but I think we're on the same page here. I don't know how Jan 6th was even CLOSE to being on the level of the prior years 'protests of love' - what a j0ke.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
  • From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to Dumas Walker on Mon Jul 1 20:52:00 2024
    Yeah, one of the few things that Biden was able to do was sometimes bait Trump into spending too much time refuting Biden's previous answer vs. giving a good answer of his own. There was another issue... I cannot remember which one... where Trump could have given a great answer but instead used his time to cover something Biden mentioned.

Trump spent too much [all] time on the border - he has a lot more to say, and should have... he was trying to be reserved, calm and did OK [for him] at doing so - but for ME to get pumped for Trump I want... Trump!

There are some protections regarding certain things that Presidents have to do, but they cannot be held above the law for everything... like terminating a political rival, as Trump's lawyer, in court, flat out agreed a President should be able to get away with so long as Congress does not impeach him/her.

Until today - where I think the SCOTUS got it right and gave immunity for actions taken under the presidential position - and not external ones... perfect IMO; we now have it.

I voted for Trump twice, tho 2016 was really a vote against HRC, so I don't think I have an issue getting wrapped up with the messenger there.
    I certainly don't have the hate-boner for him that a lot of people do.
    If I had to vote for one or the other this time, and had no other
    choice, I'd have to vote for Trump again but since I don't have to I won't.

At this point I don't think we have another choice - I *really* wish we did. I don't think Trump is the end-all answer TODAY, but he sure is the ONLY choice.

Stupid, too - the left could have won me back over if they just didn't try to Weekend at Bernie's me.

If we protect Presidents from prosecution from *everything*, we are no better than any other self-oppressive nations.

And we don't/won't - SCOTUS got it right today IMO.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
  • From Bryan@VERT/TINYTIME to Dumas Walker on Mon Jul 1 20:23:19 2024

That is true, especially in the eyes of a MAGA or a far-right wing voter. There are some things that used to be center that they will flat out attack as being "leftist."

Considering that in a sane political environment, Joe Biden is actually a center-right institutionalist, shows just how far the window has moved.

I agree 100% on both points. We have had nothing but horrible choices
    since at least 2016. .

We've had horrible choices for far longer than that, it just became much more evident in 2016. The DNC's decision to run Hillary when Sanders had much more appeal, was a definite mistake. And then again in 2020 by annointing Biden as the presumptive candidate and basically reducing the democratic debates as little more than bread and circuses for the masses where more viable candidates were cast aside. Buttigieg or even Yang would have been far superior. Trump and his ilk aren't healthy for our form of government.

---
    ï¿­ Synchronet ï¿­ Sent from TinyTime BBS
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Bryan on Tue Jul 2 00:55:27 2024
    By: Bryan to Dumas Walker on Mon Jul 01 2024 08:23 pm

democratic debates as little more than bread and circuses for the masses where more viable candidates were cast aside. Buttigieg or even Yang would have been far superior. Trump and his ilk aren't healthy for our form of government.

maybe that's a good thing. our form of govt is dogshit.

I'd rather have trump again or other some outsider.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to BRYAN on Tue Jul 2 09:07:00 2024
    That is true, especially in the eyes of a MAGA or a far-right wing voter. There are some things that used to be center that they will flat out attack as being "leftist."

Considering that in a sane political environment, Joe Biden is actually a center-right institutionalist, shows just how far the window has moved.

Joe himself could be. His handlers, and any Joe voters I know personally, are not.

We've had horrible choices for far longer than that, it just became much more evident in 2016. The DNC's decision to run Hillary when Sanders had much more appeal, was a definite mistake. And then again in 2020 by annointing Biden as
    the presumptive candidate and basically reducing the democratic debates as little more than bread and circuses for the masses where more viable candidate
    were cast aside. Buttigieg or even Yang would have been far superior. Trump and his ilk aren't healthy for our form of government.

The DNC not only decided that in 2016, they let Sanders run but gave
    Hillary the DNC pursestrings, making the Sanders run pointless.
    Supposedly, in 2016, Obama asked Biden to step aside and promised him a
    turn. Hence, the 2020 annointment, which they blamed on COVID.

For 2024, the RNC took a page out of the 2016 DNC playbook and have handed
    the pursestrings over to Trump's family. Trump by himself I don't really
    see as being much different than other politicans of these days... the only difference between Trump and Hillary is their political party. Both of
    them are loud-mouthed, obnoxious beings.

Some of Trump's rabid followers, including some in Congress, I cannot
    disagree -- they are horrible for our country. Again, the only difference between a Squad member and an MTG is their political party affiliation. Otherwise, they are all morons.

* SLMR 2.1a * Liberal Rule #6 - Lie about the past, then try to repeat
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to PAULIE420 on Tue Jul 2 09:03:00 2024
    Until today - where I think the SCOTUS got it right and gave immunity for actions taken under the presidential position - and not external ones... perfect IMO; we now have it.

Problem is that a good politician can frame a lot of what they do as "under their presidential position"... "the dirt that Julian Assange was going to
    leak (on me) was a 'threat to our democracy' so we had to drone him today."

Or "The election was being stolen from me (which, in the nearly 4 years
    since, I have still not proven) so I had to have a rally in DC on the day of the electoral college verification (even though no other outgoing President
    has ever done this), and it is not my fault the rally (that I should have know better NOT to have) got out of hand and they stormed the Capitol."

* SLMR 2.1a * Bit Decay!? D?d y?? s?? ?? D???y??
    ---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to paulie420 on Tue Jul 2 09:41:05 2024
    By: paulie420 to Dumas Walker on Mon Jul 01 2024 08:52 pm

At this point I don't think we have another choice - I *really* wish we did. I don't think Trump is the end-all answer TODAY, but he sure is the ONLY choice.

Technically, he's not.. There are some 3rd-party candidates running this year. Some people say voting for a 3rd party is a waste of a vote and they won't get elected.. Sure they won't, if people keep thinking that way and don't vote for them.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Tue Jul 2 13:07:18 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to BRYAN on Tue Jul 02 2024 09:07 am

Joe himself could be. His handlers, and any Joe voters I know personally, are not.

The old joe biden and his whole family were described as conservative by tucker carlson who was friends with hunter biden and his wife.

You can see from old videos that this guy was a conservative, cocky, racist person.
    ---
  • From Bryan@VERT/TINYTIME to MRO on Tue Jul 2 10:22:21 2024
    By: MRO to Bryan on Tue Jul 02 2024 00:55:27

It's not. It's abhorrant that the supposedly greatest nation on the planet is so dysfunctional politically.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Sent from TinyTime BBS
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Bryan on Tue Jul 2 20:05:50 2024
    By: Bryan to MRO on Tue Jul 02 2024 10:22 am

By: MRO to Bryan on Tue Jul 02 2024 00:55:27

It's not. It's abhorrant that the supposedly greatest nation on the planet is so dysfunctional politically.

what i replied to is:

Trump and his ilk aren't healthy for our form of
    government.

it's a good thing. our govt is dogshit.
    our politicians are all on the take. if they don't do the right things, pharm cuts the donations. our entire federal govt is corrupt.

if trump isnt good for our form of govt, that's probably a good thing.
    he's the cure to the disease. he's good with dealing with foreign leaders. He's not a warmonger like our other presidents. Trump runs the country like a business.

If you hate trump for some reason, whatever. lets get another outsider who can't be bought and isn't part of the good ole boys club.
    ---
  • From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to Dumas Walker on Tue Jul 2 19:14:00 2024
    Problem is that a good politician can frame a lot of what they do as "under their presidential position"... "the dirt that Julian Assange was going to leak (on me) was a 'threat to our democracy' so we had to drone him today."

You know; I was thinking 'they got it right' in the context of TODAY. Of what the left is trying to do to Trump and how I feel about that... the more I think about it, tho, is that in 20-40 years it will be used on the other side [or any side] in ways that I'm NOT thinking about right now; in a negative way....

Or "The election was being stolen from me (which, in the nearly 4 years since, I have still not proven) so I had to have a rally in DC on the
    day of the electoral college verification (even though no other outgoing President has ever done this), and it is not my fault the rally (that I should have know better NOT to have) got out of hand and they stormed
    the Capitol."

Its not that the election was stolen - thats just stupid talk. But it was BS that they mass-mailin'ed every person in America. (Or, whatever it was...)

It changed how we do things; you go vote at your local school or church. In person - and we know the results within a few hours... I would have more respect for some new 'online' thing that we all AGREED on; where you VERIFY your ID and vote from a secure device.... but the mailin stuff was BS IMO.

What's so CRAZY about (lol) identification to freaking vote - its NEEDED, jesus h christ!

:P

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to PAULIE420 on Wed Jul 3 08:30:00 2024
    Problem is that a good politician can frame a lot of what they do as "under their presidential position"... "the dirt that Julian Assange was going to leak (on me) was a 'threat to our democracy' so we had to drone him today."

You know; I was thinking 'they got it right' in the context of TODAY. Of what the left is trying to do to Trump and how I feel about that... the more I thin
    about it, tho, is that in 20-40 years it will be used on the other side [or an
    side] in ways that I'm NOT thinking about right now; in a negative way....

Yeah, I worry about the future of what it could mean. Trump acted like it
    was a victory but, really, I am not 100% sure they didn't just verify that
    it was how it always was, and it doesn't really make him as immune as
    everyone thinks. Him acting like it somehow changes things is the worrying part -- makes one think things did change.

It has been suggested that some of his court cases could require retrials
    as some of the evidence used involved things he'd now be considered immune from, even if the charges themselves were not things he was immune from.

Or "The election was being stolen from me (which, in the nearly 4 years

Its not that the election was stolen - thats just stupid talk. But it was BS that they mass-mailin'ed every person in America. (Or, whatever it was...)

They didn't mass mail everyone but apparently some states did decide to
    mail every registered voter, which is wrong. In my state, you had to
    request the mail-in ballot. I only did so for the primary. I thought the general was too important not to go in person.

What is wrong with sending to every registered voter? Well, when they sent
    out the info about obtaining a ballot, I got a postcard for me, for a
    previous resident who now lives out of state (and had for 10 years), and for the original resident who had been dead at least 15 years.

Being an honest individual, I sent mine back to get a primary ballot, and
    sent the other two back indicating their status. If I had wanted to, I
    could have tried obtaining three ballots because my state does not do a
    good job of keeping the rolls clean.

Once COVID was considered "over," my state did away with the expanded
    mail-in balloting, resuming the previous requirements for absentee voting.
    They also kept the limited, early in-person voting, which I find convienent
    and which shuts people up who claim the polls need to be kept open later on voting day.

It changed how we do things; you go vote at your local school or church. In person - and we know the results within a few hours... I would have more respect for some new 'online' thing that we all AGREED on; where you VERIFY your ID and vote from a secure device.... but the mailin stuff was BS IMO.

They way they handled the mail-in, especially in some places, was indeed
    BS. There should never, ever be an unmanned polling place, like a drop box
    out in the open, where someone can drop off votes. Too easy to stuff and,
    if you don't believe that, there was evidence of them being vandalized or stolen, which is also very bad.

What's so CRAZY about (lol) identification to freaking vote - its NEEDED, jesu
    h christ!

I really, really don't understand, or buy, the argument that you should
    *not* need ID in order to vote. That is what is crazy. If there really
    are too many barriers to getting an ID for legit citizens, fix the problem by making it easier to get the ID.

Because making it easier to *get* an ID is not the part of the issue that
    gets targetted, I question the motivation behind the "why do you need an
    ID?" crowd.

* SLMR 2.1a * He's as sharp as a marble.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Wed Jul 3 08:35:00 2024
    He's good with dealing with foreign leaders.
    He's not a warmonger like our other presidents.

I am not real high on Trump right now, but I cannot disagree with either of
    the above. The only foreign leaders that Biden is better with are the ones that want handouts from us.

Trump runs the country like a business.

I also cannot disagree with this, but will point out that a lot of
    businesses that are run like businesses go under. There are plenty of
    parts of government that need running more like a business, for sure, but
    there are parts that require considerations that businesses don't normally face.

* SLMR 2.1a * no, I don't have a graduate degree - why do you ask?
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Wed Jul 3 14:13:00 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Wed Jul 03 2024 08:35 am

Trump runs the country like a business.

I also cannot disagree with this, but will point out that a lot of businesses that are run like businesses go under. There are plenty of
    parts of government that need running more like a business, for sure, but there are parts that require considerations that businesses don't normally face.

well with trump the proof is in the pudding.
    our branches of govt are too convoluted. as are the laws.
    trump helped to fix that with his executive orders. now those orders have been reversed and look at what we got.

One example is trump brought back jobs to america. obama said with what magic want is he going to do that.

Those trump years were probably the best years i could remember for myself personally. now look at what we have now.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

people just want to hate on trump. I dont care about trump; i care about results. right now i'm living in a shitty world.
    We aren't doing as well as the ukraine president's wife.
    ---
  • From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to Dumas Walker on Wed Jul 3 21:21:00 2024
    It has been suggested that some of his court cases could require retrials as some of the evidence used involved things he'd now be considered
    immune from, even if the charges themselves were not things he was
    immune from.

Not after November... :P

They didn't mass mail everyone but apparently some states did decide to mail every registered voter, which is wrong. In my state, you had to request the mail-in ballot. I only did so for the primary. I thought
    the general was too important not to go in person.

Texas - I moved away from there 5 years ago; my ex-GF got a mail-in that she could have filled out and mailed in... sure, I'm just one person - but I bet theres millions just like me????? Yes.

What is wrong with sending to every registered voter? Well, when they sent out the info about obtaining a ballot, I got a postcard for me, for
    a previous resident who now lives out of state (and had for 10 years),
    and for the original resident who had been dead at least 15 years.

Because I moved away from my ex-GFs house 5 years ago; and she received a ballot for Biden/Trump 2020... sure, I'm just one guy right? Wrong. Add in all the people that aren't me. And all the people that are. And all the families with some person who wanted to vote this way or that; its stupid. ID - go to your polling station and vote. Just like is has been for 250 years. Stupid, IMO.

Being an honest individual, I sent mine back to get a primary ballot, and sent the other two back indicating their status.

How many AREN'T you - more than you, I'd think...

Once COVID was considered "over," my state did away with the expanded mail-in balloting, resuming the previous requirements for absentee
    voting. They also kept the limited, early in-person voting, which I find convienent and which shuts people up who claim the polls need to be kept open later on voting day.

Oh jesus; COVID was a scam - we all know it in 2o24.

They way they handled the mail-in, especially in some places, was indeed BS. There should never, ever be an unmanned polling place, like a drop box out in the open, where someone can drop off votes.

Agree - I thought you were on the other side from previous quotes. :P

I really, really don't understand, or buy, the argument that you should *not* need ID in order to vote. That is what is crazy. If there really are too many barriers to getting an ID for legit citizens, fix the
    problem by making it easier to get the ID.

Yep - same same.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Thu Jul 4 08:48:00 2024
    people just want to hate on trump. I dont care about trump; i care about results. right now i'm living in a shitty world.

I don't have a hate-boner for Trump like a lot of people do. I do have a lot of concerns about his actions, and statements, since losing the election that make me question whether or not I would vote for him again.

I cannot question most of his first-term results.

Most of us are not doing as well as our own President's wife.

As an aside, speaking of hating on Trump... in 2011, for the final centennial-era Indianapolis 500, Donald Trump was named as the driver of
    the pace car. There was a ruckus raised, and he reportedly "stepped down"
    from the honor as a result. A J Foyt wound up driving the pre-race pace car laps.

I point this out because, even in 2011, several years before his
    Presidential run, there were already people out there with TDS.

* SLMR 2.1a * Can you give up Catholicism for Lent?
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to PAULIE420 on Thu Jul 4 09:16:00 2024
    They didn't mass mail everyone but apparently some states did decide to mail every registered voter, which is wrong. In my state, you had to request the mail-in ballot. I only did so for the primary. I thought the general was too important not to go in person.

Texas - I moved away from there 5 years ago; my ex-GF got a mail-in that she could have filled out and mailed in... sure, I'm just one person - but I bet theres millions just like me????? Yes.

Some states sure did do it, but I am a little surprised that mostly Red
    Texas did it. Then again, they did have unmanned drop boxes in some areas
    so maybe I should not be at all surprised. :(

IIRC, one of the participants in the FIDO POLITICS echo, who lives in New
    York, also received an unsolicited ballot. I think he also sometimes posts here on Dovenet. Here in Kentucky, we only received material telling us how
    to request a ballot.

What is wrong with sending to every registered voter? Well, when they sent out the info about obtaining a ballot, I got a postcard for me, for a previous resident who now lives out of state (and had for 10 years), and for the original resident who had been dead at least 15 years.

Because I moved away from my ex-GFs house 5 years ago; and she received a ballot for Biden/Trump 2020... sure, I'm just one guy right? Wrong. Add in all
    the people that aren't me. And all the people that are. And all the families with some person who wanted to vote this way or that; its stupid. ID - go to your polling station and vote. Just like is has been for 250 years. Stupid, IMO.

My question was rhetorical. :) I agree they should not, and said why. I believe that most states are like mine and don't keep their voting rolls cleaned up, which means if they'd sent out the unsolicited ballots they'd
    have sent a bunch of live ballots out to persons who can no longer legally
    vote (moved away, dead, etc.).

Being an honest individual, I sent mine back to get a primary ballot, and
    sent the other two back indicating their status.

How many AREN'T you - more than you, I'd think...

I am certain of that.

They way they handled the mail-in, especially in some places, was indeed BS. There should never, ever be an unmanned polling place, like a drop box out in the open, where someone can drop off votes.

Agree - I thought you were on the other side from previous quotes. :P

No, I like what my state did. They didn't send ballots to everyone, only
    those who requested them, but that was not perfect because they send out
    the request materials to everyone on the rolls, including people who
    should no longer be on them. That is how I know that two other former residents were still on their rolls.

I like that my state did away with "everyone can mail in" voting in a timely fashion, reverting back to the old absentee rules, but kept the additional in-person voting because now no one can complain that they didn't have a
    chance to vote. I believe that is much, much better than places that leave
    the polls open, but only in certain areas, for several hours later on
    election night.

I also like that, to my knowledge, they've never attempted the unmanned
    polling drop box idea that other states have tried.

* SLMR 2.1a * Someone blew out his pilot light.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Thu Jul 4 13:24:08 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Thu Jul 04 2024 08:48 am

Most of us are not doing as well as our own President's wife.

well they come here begging for money. we've allocated billions for ukraine. ---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Dumas Walker on Thu Jul 4 11:48:19 2024

I point this out because, even in 2011, several years before his Presidential run, there were already people out there with TDS.

Some people just aren't fans. Even before that, I've heard Biff Tannen from Back To The Future was based on Donald Trump.

Nightfox

---
  • From Bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON to paulie420 on Thu Jul 4 14:11:00 2024
    By: paulie420 to Dumas Walker on Wed Jul 03 2024 09:21 pm

My brother in CA got three for my father who passed away in 2018 and has never lived in CA.

---
  • From Bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON to Dumas Walker on Thu Jul 4 14:14:46 2024

I don't have a hate-boner for Trump like a lot of people do. I do have a lot of concerns about his actions, and statements, since losing the election that make me question whether or not I would vote for him again.

I don't hate anyone... but I do not vote for the person. I vote for the platform.

I vote for the plan... not the man.

I vote for things like $1.80/gal gas, supporting law enforcement, women only competing in women's sports... etc.

All things in the conservative plan.

Biden's plan is to hate Trump... Biden has no plan.

---
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANTIR to Bf2k+ on Thu Jul 4 17:52:01 2024
    By: Bf2k+ to Dumas Walker on Thu Jul 04 2024 02:14 pm

I don't hate anyone...

Hate is powerful as heck. I would not be where I am right now if I didn't hate so many people.

But I agree it is not a good guide for voting.

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Bf2k+ on Thu Jul 4 19:45:43 2024
    By: Bf2k+ to Dumas Walker on Thu Jul 04 2024 02:14 pm

I vote for things like $1.80/gal gas, supporting law enforcement, women only competing in women's sports... etc.

All things in the conservative plan.

the democratic party's entire gameplan from when trump was elected to his last day was to fight trump. they got nothing done. things were sidelined because of trump. They weren't even doing their duties. There were times when i would read the minutes from their meetings and they did literally nothing but go on lunch.

biden was the cherry on top to their efforts.
    ---
  • From Bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON to MRO on Fri Jul 5 04:21:59 2024
    By: MRO to Bf2k+ on Thu Jul 04 2024 07:45 pm

the democratic party's entire gameplan from when trump was elected to his last day was to fight trump. they got nothing done. things were sidelined because of trump. They weren't even doing their duties. There were times when i would read the minutes from their meetings and they did literally nothing but go on lunch.

Exactly!

---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to NIGHTFOX on Thu Jul 4 19:04:00 2024
    I point this out because, even in 2011, several years before his Presidential run, there were already people out there with TDS.

Some people just aren't fans. Even before that, I've heard Biff Tannen from Back To The Future was based on Donald Trump.

I probably wasn't a fan back then, either, but I wasn't "wasn't a fan"
    enough to throw a fit about Trump driving the pace car.

I will have to admit I have no idea who Biff Tannen is. I don't think I
    have ever seen that movie all the way through.

* SLMR 2.1a * An elevator smells differently to a dwarf.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to BF2K+ on Thu Jul 4 19:06:00 2024
    I don't have a hate-boner for Trump like a lot of people do. I do have a
    lot of concerns about his actions, and statements, since losing the election >> that make me question whether or not I would vote for him again.

I don't hate anyone... but I do not vote for the person. I vote for the platform.

Part of his plan was to try to prove that Presidents were fully immune from criminal prosecution, which is where he lost me.

I loved that, too, but I don't want a President that won't leave office
    when it is time. I also don't want a President who thinks it is a good
    idea to throw a rally in DC on the same day the Electoral College is being certified.

I don't care who they are, what party they are from, or how cheap fuel is.

A lot of Biden's voters like that plan because they, too, don't care what
    is going on around them as long as Trump is not in charge.

* SLMR 2.1a * Is it magic.... or is it SessionManager?
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to BF2K+ on Thu Jul 4 19:13:00 2024
    Texas - I moved away from there 5 years ago; my ex-GF got a mail-in that she >> could have filled out and mailed in... sure, I'm just one person - but I bet >> theres millions just like me????? Yes.

My brother in CA got three for my father who passed away in 2018 and has never
    lived in CA.

Were they sent to him by California or by your father's former state of residence?

Here they did not send out ballots but they did send out material on how to request one. I got material for myself, for the previour resident (who
    moved out of state 10 years before the election), and for the original
    resident who'd been dead for ~15 years.

I sent mine back to get a primary ballot, and sent theirs back with "no
    longer lives here" and "DECEASED" written on them. I didn't receive
    anything else for either of them.

* SLMR 2.1a * If it don't cook, it ain't jazz.
    ---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Dumas Walker on Fri Jul 5 10:34:40 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to NIGHTFOX on Thu Jul 04 2024 07:04 pm

Some people just aren't fans. Even before that, I've heard Biff Tannen
    from Back To The Future was based on Donald Trump.

I will have to admit I have no idea who Biff Tannen is. I don't think I have ever seen that movie all the way through.

I'm a little surprised, considering how well-known the movie is. But he's one of the major characters and appears in one of the first scenes of the movie.. If you've even seen a little bit of it, you've probably seen Biff Tannen. He is a bully, and I'd say he's the main antagonist in the first 2 movies. In the second movie, they made him more like Trump in that he ends up wealthy (temporarily) and owning a skyscraper and paying off the police, etc..

Nightfox

---
  • From Bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON to Dumas Walker on Fri Jul 5 12:56:57 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to BF2K+ on Thu Jul 04 2024 07:13 pm

lived in CA.

Were they sent to him by California or by your father's former state of residence?

I don't remember... I'd have to ask my brother that.

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Fri Jul 5 14:50:06 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to BF2K+ on Thu Jul 04 2024 07:06 pm

I don't have a hate-boner for Trump like a lot of people do. I do have a >> lot of concerns about his actions, and statements, since losing the election >> that make me question whether or not I would vote for him again.

Part of his plan was to try to prove that Presidents were fully immune from criminal prosecution, which is where he lost me.

it is very complicated stuff. There is a LOT of misinformation.
    Trump claimed he had immunity involving his efforts to undo the election loss. Part of this was him tryin got get pence to not certify the electoral votes.

Of course his lawyers are going to do their job and get him out of whatever comes.

supreme court ruled he has some immunity from prosecution.

If you want a president who doesn't break 'laws' and is held accountable for what they do, you are on the wrong planet. At that level, laws mean nothing and money means nothing.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Fri Jul 5 14:57:29 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to BF2K+ on Thu Jul 04 2024 07:13 pm

Here they did not send out ballots but they did send out material on how to request one. I got material for myself, for the previour resident (who moved out of state 10 years before the election), and for the original resident who'd been dead for ~15 years.

in my city i had to fill out a form online and upload my id and they mailed me a ballot. My voting place looked like the building from new jack city, so I did mail in. At my workplace people received a lot of mail in ballots from people who did not live at their houses. There were several people that had that issue. Furthermore, there were crooked mail carriers who were selling stacks of ballots.

I sent mine back to get a primary ballot, and sent theirs back with "no longer lives here" and "DECEASED" written on them. I didn't receive anything else for either of them.

get a big marker and write ANK on it. that's address not known. that's the only thing that will help you. The carrier can just file in the correct area at the station.

https://about.usps.com/publications/pub32/pub32_terms.htm
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to Bf2k+ on Fri Jul 5 18:04:00 2024
    lived in CA.

I don't remember... I'd have to ask my brother that.

Well, either way, some state is really screwed up.

... So easy, a child could do it. Child sold separately.
    --- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Sat Jul 6 09:48:00 2024

My recollection is they got more done than the current MAGA congress.

If you substitute "MAGA Republicans" for "democrat party" and "Biden" for "trump" in your statement above, you'd have a good description of the last
    four years. The difference being that, under Biden, there will be a bill for something the MAGAs supposedly don't like so they will say "we cannot pass 'that' unless you add 'this'."

Then "this" gets added, and they say "we cannot pass 'this' thing we
    supposedly wanted because it has 'that'." At least some things apparently
    got done under Trump, with Democrats in Congress, especially pre-COVID.

Politicians have always been bad, but this latest AOC/MTG crop his
    *especially* bad. Voters for both parties need to flush the toilet and
    start over.

* SLMR 2.1a * My other computer is a Cray Y-MP!
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Sat Jul 6 09:43:00 2024
    Part of his plan was to try to prove that Presidents were fully immune from >> criminal prosecution, which is where he lost me.

it is very complicated stuff. There is a LOT of misinformation.
    Trump claimed he had immunity involving his efforts to undo the election loss.
    Part of this was him tryin got get pence to not certify the electoral votes.

Of course his lawyers are going to do their job and get him out of whatever comes.

It really isn't that complicated. Listening to his lawyer agree, in court, that a President cannot be prosecuted for even killing a political
    opponent, so long as Congress does not impeach him, was not misinformation repeated elsewhere. The dumbass did it. I thought for sure Trump would speak out or fire the guy, but he went along with it. The lawyer who did that wasn't the one fired, it was the dude he kept.

To agree to such a situation, under oath, in past would have completely unraveled their defense. To argue such nonsense is not their job.

If you want a president who doesn't break 'laws' and is held accountable for what they do, you are on the wrong planet. At that level, laws mean nothing and money means nothing.

It used to and still should. If we've let the country get to that point,
    we've really screwed up.

* SLMR 2.1a * "Energize"he said & a pink bunny with a drum materialized
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Sat Jul 6 09:46:00 2024
    At my workplace people received a lot of mail in ballots from
    people who did not live at their houses. There were several people that had that issue.

I have heard that it happened elsewhere (New York state, apparently
    California, and now apparently Wisconsin), but it didn't happen that way
    here.

Furthermore, there were crooked mail carriers who were selling
    stacks of ballots.

That I did not hear.

I sent mine back to get a primary ballot, and sent theirs back with "no longer lives here" and "DECEASED" written on them. I didn't receive anything else for either of them.

get a big marker and write ANK on it. that's address not known. that's the only thing that will help you. The carrier can just file in the correct area a
    the station.

I wanted it to go back to the election office that sent it to me so that
    they could (maybe) clear them off the rolls. Since I did not receive
    anything for them for the 2020 general election, it might have worked.

* SLMR 2.1a * Oh! You want SERIOUS ideas?
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Sat Jul 6 14:46:18 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sat Jul 06 2024 09:48 am

sidelined because of trump. They weren't even doing their duties. There were times when i would read the minutes from their meetings and they did literally nothing but go on lunch.

My recollection is they got more done than the current MAGA congress.

I havent paid attention to the recent congress. what i did pay attention to was what i mentioned during that time period. they intentionally did nothing other than schedule lunch.

If you substitute "MAGA Republicans" for "democrat party" and "Biden" for "trump" in your statement above, you'd have a good description of the last four years. The difference being that, under Biden, there will be a bill for something the MAGAs supposedly don't like so they will say "we cannot pass 'that' unless you add 'this'."

hey lets not normalize 'magas' or 'maga republicans'. it's childish namecalling that really just pushes us further to a civil war.

Politicians have always been bad, but this latest AOC/MTG crop his *especially* bad. Voters for both parties need to flush the toilet and start over.

we need to gut the entire system. we need to limit terms. we need to
    regulate what politicans can do. they shouldn't be bought by big pharma. Their financial records need to be routinely scrutanized. people in our upper govt go from being 'poor' to multi millionares and the salary doesn't add up.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Sat Jul 6 14:49:36 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sat Jul 06 2024 09:43 am

whatever comes.

It really isn't that complicated. Listening to his lawyer agree, in court, that a President cannot be prosecuted for even killing a political
    opponent, so long as Congress does not impeach him, was not misinformation repeated elsewhere. The dumbass did it. I thought for sure Trump would speak out or fire the guy, but he went along with it. The lawyer who did that wasn't the one fired, it was the dude he kept.

To agree to such a situation, under oath, in past would have completely unraveled their defense. To argue such nonsense is not their job.

but that is a fact due to our system, isn't it?
    there's a lot of loopholes. presidents kill people for political reasons routinely.

It used to and still should. If we've let the country get to that point, we've really screwed up.

Laws never mattered if you were rich and powerful. Laws are for the little people. Laws are routinely broken and nothing happens if there's no follow through.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Sat Jul 6 14:55:26 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sat Jul 06 2024 09:46 am

stacks of ballots.

That I did not hear.

I saw a video of it, i'm not sure if it was my home state but wouldn't be surprised. also there's weird stuff like this

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Pendleton-County-mail-carrier-charged-with-altering-absentee-ballot-requests-570777221.html

or cases of postal workers throwing out ballots.

The post office has been hiring anybody with a pulse since like 2018. They dont pay well and don't have good benefits. These arent the 'regular' postal carriers you think of. they have carrier assistants who help eat up what would be 600+ million of dollars of overtime.

I was told that they don't hire people with felonies but they used to [when they did i heard they performed well], but anything else goes. No exam, no drug test or medical exam.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Mon Jul 8 19:17:55 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sat Jul 06 2024 09:46 am

At my workplace people received a lot of mail in ballots from
    people who did not live at their houses. There were several people that had that issue.

I have heard that it happened elsewhere (New York state, apparently California, and now apparently Wisconsin), but it didn't happen that way here.

stacks of ballots.

oh i got my mail in ballot pack today. ripped it up. I'm supposed to be unregistered for voting.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Tue Jul 9 08:30:00 2024
    oh i got my mail in ballot pack today. ripped it up. I'm supposed to be unregistered for voting.

So your state is still allowing mail-in for non-absentees. Interesting.
    That sounds shady.

* SLMR 2.1a * Education will never become as expensive as ignorance
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Tue Jul 9 18:02:38 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Tue Jul 09 2024 08:30 am

So your state is still allowing mail-in for non-absentees. Interesting. That sounds shady.

they don't have to question the reason for it.

"Voting by Absentee Ballot
    Under Wisconsin law, voters do not need a reason or excuse, such as being out of town on Election Day, to vote absentee. Any voter who prefers to vote by absentee ballot may request one.

If you are not already registered, you will need to register to vote before an absentee ballot can be sent to you. A new voter registration application is required any time you move (even minor changes such as apartment units), change your name, or if you have not voted in the past four years.

Photo ID Required
    Unless you are a military voter, permanently overseas, or are indefinitely confined, you must provide the Election Commission with a copy of your photo ID to keep on file. If you are not sure if you have an ID on file already, feel free to contact us. The address on the ID does not need to be current. For a list of acceptable photo IDs, visit BringIt Wisconsin.

Voters who are indefinitely confined (meaning they have difficulty getting to the polls due to age, illness, infirmity, or disability) may request a ballot be sent to them for every election by checking the box on the application. Indefinitely confined voters are not required to provide photo ID.

Deadline
    Applications for absentee ballots must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election. "
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Wed Jul 10 07:43:00 2024

So your state is still allowing mail-in for non-absentees. Interesting. That sounds shady.

they don't have to question the reason for it.

Under Wisconsin law, voters do not need a reason or excuse, such as being out of town on Election Day, to vote absentee. Any voter who prefers to vote by absentee ballot may request one.

That is shady, but apparently legal. They should question it, and they shouldn't just send it to you unrequested.

* SLMR 2.1a * In the end Gravity Wins.. Dolly Parton..
    ---
  • From Accession@VERT/PHARCYDE to Dumas Walker on Wed Jul 10 17:22:22 2024
    On Wed, 10 Jul 2024 12:43:00 -0500, you wrote:

"Voting by Absentee Ballot Under Wisconsin law, voters do not need
    a reason or excuse, such as being out of town on Election Day, to
    vote absentee. Any voter who prefers to vote by absentee ballot
    may request one.

That is shady, but apparently legal. They should question it, and
    they shouldn't just send it to you unrequested.

It does say above "may request one," which would make it somewhat normal. However, if they're just sending them out to anyone and everyone (I don't believe my wife or I have ever gotten one, and we live in Wisconsin also).

I wonder if the people who do get them without requesting them are on some sort of mailing list through the government.

Regards,
    Nick

... Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.
    --- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:115.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderb
    * Origin: _thePharcyde distribution system (Wisconsin) (723:1/1)
    ï¿­ Synchronet ï¿­ _thePharcyde telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Dumas Walker on Wed Jul 10 18:53:14 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Wed Jul 10 2024 07:43 am

Under Wisconsin law, voters do not need a reason or excuse, such as being
    out of town on Election Day, to vote absentee. Any voter who prefers to
    vote by absentee ballot may request one.

That is shady, but apparently legal. They should question it, and they shouldn't just send it to you unrequested.

Wisconsin doesn't send a ballot unrequested. SOMEONE requested it, you just need to enter your full name and birthdate.

If someone else requests it on your behalf, without your permission, that's a violation of state laws (impersonating a registered elector).

...Don't jump on a man unless he's down.

---
    þ Synchronet þ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Wed Jul 10 20:37:12 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Wed Jul 10 2024 07:43 am

i got a big packet and it said 'your home ballot' or some shit like that.
    i tossed it out. I revoked my voter registration previously, too.

I was sick of jury duty shit.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Accession on Wed Jul 10 20:40:36 2024
    By: Accession to Dumas Walker on Wed Jul 10 2024 05:22 pm

It does say above "may request one," which would make it somewhat normal. However, if they're just sending them out to anyone and everyone (I don't believe my wife or I have ever gotten one, and we live in Wisconsin also).

when i voted by absentee i went online and entered my info and then uploaded my drivers license. i'm not sure what was in that packet because i ripped it in half and tossed it. maybe it was a democrat scam with shit inside telling me who to vote for. I got stuff like that before. lists of people on the ballot and who i should vote for.
    I wonder if the people who do get them without requesting them are on some sort of mailing list through the government.

it could be that disabled list or people are just flagging it.
    in my old home city people voted under me. I don't trust any of that shit.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to DAITENGU on Thu Jul 11 10:03:00 2024
    Wisconsin doesn't send a ballot unrequested. SOMEONE requested it, you just need to enter your full name and birthdate.

If someone else requests it on your behalf, without your permission, that's a violation of state laws (impersonating a registered elector).

So it sounds like someone requested it as "mro" and it went to mro's real address instead of the address of the person who requested it. So it is
    not the government doing something shady, but someone who is violating your state laws.

That is no doubt something that could happen here or in any state that
    allows absentee voting. :(

* SLMR 2.1a * If it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Thu Jul 11 10:26:00 2024

i got a big packet and it said 'your home ballot' or some shit like that.
    i tossed it out. I revoked my voter registration previously, too.

I was sick of jury duty shit.

I am not sure how it works in Wisconsin but here if you file a state tax return, iirc have a driver's license, and several other things non-voting related, you can still get jury duty.

About the only way to avoid it is by having no form of state-issued ID or
    any contact with state government where your address would be put on
    record... so no unemployment insurance, interaction with child support, a
    job that reports your income, etc.

* SLMR 2.1a * The seminar on Time Travel will be held two weeks ago.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Thu Jul 11 11:18:00 2024
    By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Thu Jul 11 2024 10:26 am

I am not sure how it works in Wisconsin but here if you file a state tax return, iirc have a driver's license, and several other things non-voting related, you can still get jury duty.

About the only way to avoid it is by having no form of state-issued ID or any contact with state government where your address would be put on record... so no unemployment insurance, interaction with child support, a job that reports your income, etc.

in wisconsin they say they use a list from the dmv; I am one a list at the dmv so they don't share my info. i've also heard that other sources use voter registration lists. It makes sense that they would use registered voter info because we are required to keep that information current and it's considered a reliable list of people's names and addresses. It's also public record.

When i moved and registered in my new area, a month later i got jury duty.
    ---