• June 27 Debate

From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to All on Tue Jul 2 08:35:30 2024
    I didn't watch the debate on Thursday, but I'm told it was awful.

Biden used to be a master debater, but I guess now he's just flacid, and can no longer rise to the occasion.

...My inferiority complexes aren't as good as yours.

---
    þ Synchronet þ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to DaiTengu on Tue Jul 2 09:42:49 2024
    Re: June 27 Debate
    By: DaiTengu to All on Tue Jul 02 2024 08:35 am

I caught just the first few minutes before I decided to turn it off. Right away, they started with talking their opponent down and the other accusing them of lying.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR to DaiTengu on Tue Jul 2 13:59:00 2024
    DaiTengu wrote to All <=-

Even as one who dislikes Biden, it was cringeworthy and I actually felt
    a little sorry for the dude. Was like watching a car crash in slow
    motion.

Biden used to be a master debater, but I guess now he's just
    flacid, and can no longer rise to the occasion.

LOL... All true, and there's no pill (blue or otherwise) that can help
    that condition.

... Behind every great man is an amazed mother-in-law!
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Gamgee on Tue Jul 2 17:22:58 2024
    Re: Re: June 27 Debate
    By: Gamgee to DaiTengu on Tue Jul 02 2024 01:59 pm

Biden used to be a master debater, but I guess now he's just flacid, and
    can no longer rise to the occasion.

LOL... All true, and there's no pill (blue or otherwise) that can help that condition.

I always get a chuckle out of people who say things like "Biden's handlers are shooting him up with drugs"

It's pretty damn obvious that's not the case, because he's acting like every elderly man I know. He has good days and bad days. He loses his train of thought when trying to keep too many things in his head at once.

Hell, I do the same thing and I'm a bit over half his age.

Talking about a topic while thinking "oh I need to touch on X, Y, and Z after I finish this thought as well" without someone to respond to you or to feed you cues is not an easy thing to do for most people.

I really think he'd excel in a town hall-like setting, where he would basically be having a short, civil and measured conversation with those who were asking questions.

I've been saying for a long time that you're not really just voting for one person when you vote for president. You're voting for that person and the administration they will surround themselves with.

I've got far more confidence in Biden's ability to surround himself with people that know how to do their jobs and aren't spycophantic yes-men.
    Trump has loudly claimed (and already demostrated) that he'll only pick people who are "loyal". He doesn't want to hear differing opinions from anyone that works for him.

MAGA is a cult. Trump is the cult leader, and anyone perceived as "disloyal" is shunned.

...If a circuit cannot fail, it will.

---
    þ Synchronet þ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to DaiTengu on Tue Jul 2 17:11:37 2024
    Re: Re: June 27 Debate
    By: DaiTengu to Gamgee on Tue Jul 02 2024 05:22 pm

MAGA is a cult. Trump is the cult leader, and anyone perceived as "disloyal" is shunned.

I really lost respect for Trump when he mocked that disabled reporter. https://shorturl.at/LU5Fi

Full URL: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-s-worst-offense-mocking-di sabled-reporter-poll-finds-n627736

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to DAITENGU on Wed Jul 3 08:17:00 2024
    Biden used to be a master debater, but I guess now he's just flacid, and can no longer rise to the occasion.

:D

* SLMR 2.1a * ????Spiritual Truth thru Superior Weapons?????
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to DAITENGU on Wed Jul 3 08:34:00 2024
    I've got far more confidence in Biden's ability to surround himself with peopl
    that know how to do their jobs and aren't spycophantic yes-men.

Agreed regarding "yes-men," but I doubt I would agree with most of their opinions on what direction to take the country into. Using the Afghanistan withdrawl as an example, I also question Biden's ability to listen to those trying to tell him the course they are on is bad, and his over-loyality to
    some who told him it was good and who didn't get fired for their roles in
    the debacle.

Trump has loudly claimed (and already demostrated) that he'll only pick people
    who are "loyal". He doesn't want to hear differing opinions from anyone that works for him.

Very true. He needs some people he can trust who he can also accept
    differing opinions from. Not sure that his personality allows him to do either.

They jump on the "disloyal" as fast as any cult, that is for sure.

That said, you need not look too hard to find plenty of Democrats,
    especiallly left-leaning ones, who jumped on Manchin, Semina, and others
    the second they became "disloyal" and tried to work with the other side on something. Right now, some of the most loyal are jumping on any Democrat
    who suggests that maybe it is time for Biden to step aside.

So both sides do have their cult-like loyalists, but MAGA seems to at least
    be more vocal in expressing their loyalty.

* SLMR 2.1a * I HATE call waitinNO CARRIER
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP