• Re: Tradewars Under Linux

From MIKE POWELL@VERT/CAPCITY2/CAPCITY to ENNEV on Mon Oct 30 18:07:00 2017
    Maybe I'm lazy, I dreamed to make TWGS work on linux with wine or something.ã>But for now it's just running in it's individual windows XT vm where only theã>2002 and 2003 port open. It takes little resources so i like it like that.ããAt some point in the future, once I get a couple of other BBS projects outãof the way, I am hoping to find a TWGS server or two that I can hook up toãand offer TW that way. I am convinced I won't get it running here againãunless I move the BBS back to OS/2 or DOS. :)ãã---ã * SLMR 2.1a * Politically incorrect...and proud of it!!!ã---ã þ BgNet 1.0á12 ÷ CCO GTBBS * 1-502-875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.netã
  • From KK4QBN@VERT/KK4QBN to MIKE POWELL on Tue Oct 31 04:05:53 2017
    Re: Re: Tradewars Under Linuxã By: MIKE POWELL to ENNEV on Mon Oct 30 2017 18:07:00ãã >>Maybe I'm lazy, I dreamed to make TWGS work on linux with wine orã >>something. But for now it's just running in it's individual windows XTã >>vm where only the 2002 and 2003 port open. It takes little resources soã >>i like it like that. ãã MP> At some point in the future, once I get a couple of other BBS projects outã MP> of the way, I am hoping to find a TWGS server or two that I can hook up toã MP> and offer TW that way. I am convinced I won't get it running here againã MP> unless I move the BBS back to OS/2 or DOS. :)ããanyone know whats up with the broken Tradewars javascripst in CVS/xtrn..ãthey're there. I just never could get them to run.ãã--ããTim Smith (KK4QBN)ãKK4QBN BBSãã---ã * Synchronet * KK4QBN BBS - bbs.kk4qbn.com - Chatsworth GA USAã
  • From Ennev@VERT/MTLGEEK to MIKE POWELL on Tue Oct 31 11:06:47 2017
    At some point in the future, once I get a couple of other BBS projects outã > of the way, I am hoping to find a TWGS server or two that I can hook up toã > and offer TW that way. I am convinced I won't get it running here againã > unless I move the BBS back to OS/2 or DOS. :)ããMyself i just *telgate from my linux bbs to the local ip of my local twgsãserver. You can even set twgs to rlogin so you pass the synchronet user nameãto twgs so it's very transparent. myself i set the telnet because i offer itãalso on it's 2002 port for people who want to bypass the bbs.ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ MtlGeek - Geeks in Montreal - http://mtlgeek.com/
  • From MIKE POWELL@VERT/CAPCITY2/CAPCITY to ENNEV on Wed Nov 1 17:50:00 2017
    Myself i just *telgate from my linux bbs to the local ip of my local twgsã>server. You can even set twgs to rlogin so you pass the synchronet user nameã>to twgs so it's very transparent. myself i set the telnet because i offer itã>also on it's 2002 port for people who want to bypass the bbs.ããtradewars stopped working here after I upgraded to Debian 9 and I haveãgiven up getting it running again. I don't have the server versionãregistered, to my knowledge... just TW2002 and Gold.ãã---ã * SLMR 2.1a * DALETECH - for all your home security needs!ã---ã þ BgNet 1.0á12 ÷ CCO GTBBS * 1-502-875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.netã
  • From Kirkman@VERT/GUARDIAN to MIKE POWELL on Thu Nov 2 07:37:56 2017
    Re: Re: Tradewars Under Linuxã By: MIKE POWELL to ENNEV on Wed Nov 01 2017 05:50 pmãã MP> tradewars stopped working here after I upgraded to Debian 9 and I haveã MP> given up getting it running again. I don't have the server versionã MP> registered, to my knowledge... just TW2002 and Gold.ããI don't remember which Debian I'm on (I think I last upgraded earlier this yearãor late last year), but I have had more success with dosemu2 than theãdistributed version of dosemu. ããI *think* this is it: https://github.com/stsp/dosemu2ãã--Joshãã////--------------------------------------------------ãBiC -=- http://breakintochat.com -=- bbs wiki and blogãã---ã þ Synchronetã
  • From MIKE POWELL@VERT/CAPCITY2/CAPCITY to KIRKMAN on Thu Nov 2 18:00:00 2017
    I *think* this is it: https://github.com/stsp/dosemu2ããthanks, I will have to check that out!ããMikeãã---ã * SLMR 2.1a * "Buck McCoy?!? He was bigger than opium!"ã---ã þ BgNet 1.0á12 ÷ CCO GTBBS * 1-502-875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.netã