• boardgames

From Darkman Almighty@VERT/BEERS20 to All on Mon Feb 8 17:51:00 2021
    Lately, I've been playing boardgames on the computer with friends...remotely- steam has a 'game' called tabletop simulator.. from there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, played Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Fire Rescue. ãAnyone play with this?ã
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Darkman Almighty on Tue Feb 9 03:20:30 2021
    Re: boardgamesã By: Darkman Almighty to All on Mon Feb 08 2021 05:51 pmãã > Lately, I've been playing boardgames on the computer with friends...remotely- steam has a 'game' called tabletop simulator..ã > from there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, played Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Firã > Rescue.ã > Anyone play with this?ããI know some people who are into tabletop simulator. I am not one of them :-)ããI am lucky and I keep playing with my family. Actual board games.ããI have been playing some RPGs over VoiP, though. Lightweight storytelling sype games run very well online. I built a wiki forãmy group to hang their character sheets and notes online and we roll the dice with a bot. Great times.ãã--ãgopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalkenãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FLã
  • From JIMMY ANDERSON@VERT/OTHETA to DARKMAN ALMIGHTY on Tue Feb 9 06:18:00 2021
    DARKMAN ALMIGHTY wrote to ALL <=-ãã DA> @VIA: BEERS20ã DA> @MSGID: <6021F30C.2210.dove-hob@vert.synchro.net>ã DA> Lately, I've been playing boardgames on the computer withã DA> friends...remotely- steam has a 'game' called tabletop simulator.. fromã DA> there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, playedã DA> Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Fire Rescue. Anyone playã DA> with this?ããAbsolutely! Love it! I've actually made a few mods and uploaded them toãthe workshop...ããããã... Oh, I almost forgot . . . It's absolutley VITAL to instaã--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52ã þ wcQWK 7.0 ÷ Omicron Theta * Memphis, TN * winserver.orgã
  • From Darkman Almighty@VERT/BEERS20 to JIMMY ANDERSON on Fri Feb 12 18:47:00 2021
    there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, playã JA> DA> Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Fire Rescue. Anyone playã JA> DA> with this?ã JA> ã JA> Absolutely! Love it! I've actually made a few mods and uploaded them toã JA> the workshop...ããAwesome, yes, there is quite the list in there. I just find its a good way to still connect with friends... nothing of course beats the face to face in the same room. Previous months, we had been playing Gloomhaven, thats a pretty intense turn based RPG type game. I do miss those nights at the table.. 3 hours later.ã
  • From JIMMY ANDERSON@VERT/OTHETA to DARKMAN ALMIGHTY on Sun Feb 14 01:33:00 2021
    DARKMAN ALMIGHTY wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-ãã JA> DA> there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, playã JA> DA> Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Fire Rescue. Anyone playã JA> DA> with this?ã JA>ã JA> Absolutely! Love it! I've actually made a few mods and uploaded them toã JA> the workshop...ãã DA> Awesome, yes, there is quite the list in there. I just find its a goodã DA> way to still connect with friends... nothing of course beats the faceã DA> to face in the same room. Previous months, we had been playingã DA> Gloomhaven, thats a pretty intense turn based RPG type game. I do missã DA> those nights at the table.. 3 hours later.ããOne of my buddies had the inclination to play Divine Right again, so weãbusted out Vassal and played a game "live." Well, I couldn't stand it... Iãwanted to incorporate the optional rules, special mercs and personalityãcards we created, and found on the net, many MANY years ago, so I've beenãediting and adding to it. :-)ããããã... They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...ã--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52ã þ wcQWK 7.0 ÷ Omicron Theta * Memphis, TN * winserver.orgã
  • From hollowone@VERT/AMIGAC to Darkman Almighty on Thu Feb 25 22:46:00 2021
    Darkman Almighty wrote to All <=-ãã DA> Lately, I've been playing boardgames on the computer withã DA> friends...remotely- steam has a 'game' called tabletop simulator.. fromã DA> there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, playedã DA> Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Fire Rescue. Anyone playã DA> with this?ããI played and experimented with Tabletop 2-3 years ago a lot with friends.ãMostly playing MtG and then some more rare CCG that are not physicallyãavailable anyhow (or for reasonable price, like Blood Wars or METW).ããThen switched to Battletech and with this one we just made DYI maps and printedãrobots, found some rules in the attic and added custom ones for the real gamesãand we still play it. ããWhat's your fav on Tabletop to play, perhaps you can convince me to rediscoverãthe app.ãã/h1ã... Typing from HackinDOS, iMac converted to work natively with FreeDOS 1.2ã--- MultiMail/Win v0.52ã þ Synchronet þ Amiga City - The BBS for the Amiga - more than 4,000+ filesã
  • From Lupine Furmen@VERT/FURFOL to hollowone on Fri Feb 26 17:17:43 2021
    Re: Re: boardgamesã By: hollowone to Darkman Almighty on Thu Feb 25 2021 22:46:00ãã ho> Then switched to Battletech and with this one we just made DYI maps andããSFnet has echoes for each of the *tech games. As well as many other RPGs.ã-+-ããLupine Furmenã-Dallas Vinsonã Furmens Folly (FIDO 1:123/257) - telnet: furmenservices.net:23ã SSH: furmenservices.net:23222ã Before the Web - telnet: furmenservices.net:23232ã Legends of Yesteryear (FIDO 1:123/256) - telnet: furmenservices.net:23322ã Sound Source ]|[ - telnet: furmenservices.net:2323ããããDallasãã... Back up my hard disk? I can't find the reverse switch!ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Furmen's Folly - furmenservices.net:23ã
  • From Darkman Almighty@VERT/BEERS20 to hollowone on Sun Feb 28 11:21:00 2021
    I played and experimented with Tabletop 2-3 years ago a lot with friends.ã ho> Mostly playing MtG and then some more rare CCG that are not physicallyã ho> available anyhow (or for reasonable price, like Blood Wars or METW).ã ho> ã ho> Then switched to Battletech and with this one we just made DYI maps andã ho> printed robots, found some rules in the attic and added custom ones forã ho> the real games and we still play it. ã ho> What's your fav on Tabletop to play, perhaps you can convince me toã ho> rediscover the app.ããI'm sure with everyone in lockdown there has been a number of apps made available. My fav tabletop and in real life.. Pandemic. LOL even before the pandemic too. At some point, we will try some the expansions for it. I don't own any games, all my friends do so I just play what they have. Dead of winter is another one but you need a few people with that. Add discord chat and you're laughing.ã
  • From JIMMY ANDERSON@VERT/OTHETA to DARKMAN ALMIGHTY on Sun Feb 28 05:08:00 2021
    DARKMAN ALMIGHTY wrote to HOLLOWONE <=-ãã DA> I'm sure with everyone in lockdown there has been a number of apps madeã DA> available. My fav tabletop and in real life.. Pandemic. LOL even beforeã DA> the pandemic too. At some point, we will try some the expansions forã DA> it. I don't own any games, all my friends do so I just play what theyã DA> have. Dead of winter is another one but you need a few people withã DA> that. Add discord chat and you're laughing.ããWell... I've played Pandemic ONCE in person - the rest have been soloãon the iPad and I've NEVER won... I need to play with someone thatãcan teach me. :-)ããããã... Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anicã--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52ã þ wcQWK 8.0 ÷ Omicron Theta * Memphis, TN * winserver.orgã
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Darkman Almighty on Mon Mar 1 03:12:50 2021
    Re: Re: boardgamesã By: Darkman Almighty to hollowone on Sun Feb 28 2021 11:21 amãã > ho> I played and experimented with Tabletop 2-3 years ago a lot with friends. Mostly playing MtG and then some more rare CCã > ho> that are not physically available anyhow (or for reasonable price, like Blood Wars or METW).ã > ã > ho> Then switched to Battletech and with this one we just made DYI maps and printed robots, found some rules in the attic aã > ho> added custom ones for the real games and we still play it.ã > ho> What's your fav on Tabletop to play, perhaps you can convince me to rediscover the app.ã > ã > I'm sure with everyone in lockdown there has been a number of apps made available. My fav tabletop and in real life.. Pandemã > LOL even before the pandemic too. At some point, we will try some the expansions for it. I don't own any games, all my frienã > do so I just play what they have. Dead of winter is another one but you need a few people with that. Add discord chat andã > you're laughing.ããMy friends gave me Dead of Winter as a birthday gift last year. Actually, the self-playable expansion.ããI have yet to try it. However, I think it has a fatal flaw as a game. See, when you are a traitor and try to screw the group upãduring a crisis, you put forward a card. The problem is all the cards have an identifier that determines where they were pickedãfrom. So if you used a car picked from the Police Station, the group will zero you out very quickly because chances are notãmany people has been able to source cards from the Police Station during the game (for example).ããAny opinion regarding whether this is an issue during normal play?ãã--ãgopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalkenãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FLã
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to JIMMY ANDERSON on Mon Mar 1 03:15:53 2021
    Re: Re: boardgamesã By: JIMMY ANDERSON to DARKMAN ALMIGHTY on Sun Feb 28 2021 05:08 amãã > -=> DARKMAN ALMIGHTY wrote to HOLLOWONE <=-ã > ã > DA> I'm sure with everyone in lockdown there has been a number of apps made available. My fav tabletop and in real life..ã > DA> Pandemic. LOL even before the pandemic too. At some point, we will try some the expansions forã > DA> it. I don't own any games, all my friends do so I just play what they have. Dead of winter is another one but you need ã > DA> few people withã > DA> that. Add discord chat and you're laughing.ã > ã > Well... I've played Pandemic ONCE in person - the rest have been soloã > on the iPad and I've NEVER won... I need to play with someone thatã > can teach me. :-)ã > ã > ã > ã > ã > ... Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anicããI am playing a game of Pandemic right now, and I must say I don't like the game. Half the country is frozen and the gov calledãfor martial-law lite. I have been selling lots of vitamins and minerals, so it is not a total loss, but so far the game seemsãboring to me. And nobody gave me the manual alongside the game.ãã--ãgopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalkenãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FLã
  • From JIMMY ANDERSON@VERT/OTHETA to ARELOR on Tue Mar 2 11:04:00 2021
    ARELOR wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-ãã > Well... I've played Pandemic ONCE in person - the rest have been soloã > on the iPad and I've NEVER won... I need to play with someone thatã > can teach me. :-)ã >ã >ã >ã >ã > ... Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anicãã AR> I am playing a game of Pandemic right now, and I must say I don't likeã AR> the game. Half the country is frozen and the gov called for martial-lawã AR> lite. I have been selling lots of vitamins and minerals, so it is not aã AR> total loss, but so far the game seems boring to me. And nobody gave meã AR> the manual alongside the game.ãã AR> --ã AR> gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalkenãã AR> ---ã AR> = Synchronet = Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FLãã... I'm going to make a prediction - it could go either way.ã--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52ã þ wcQWK 8.0 ÷ Omicron Theta * Memphis, TN * winserver.orgã
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to JIMMY ANDERSON on Tue Mar 2 14:32:26 2021
    Re: Re: boardgamesã By: JIMMY ANDERSON to ARELOR on Tue Mar 02 2021 11:04 amãã > -=> ARELOR wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-ã > ã > > Well... I've played Pandemic ONCE in person - the rest have been soloã > > on the iPad and I've NEVER won... I need to play with someone thatã > > can teach me. :-)ã > ã > ã > ã > ã > > ... Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anicã > ã > AR> I am playing a game of Pandemic right now, and I must say I don't likeã > AR> the game. Half the country is frozen and the gov called for martial-law lite. I have beã > AR> selling lots of vitamins and minerals, so it is not a total loss, but so far the gameã > AR> seems boring to me. And nobody gave meã > AR> the manual alongside the game.ã > ã > AR> --ã > AR> gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalkenã > ã > AR> ---ã > AR> = Synchronet = Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FLã > ã > ... I'm going to make a prediction - it could go either way.ããI don't think you got the joke XDãã--ãgopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalkenãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FLã
  • From JIMMY ANDERSON@VERT/OTHETA to ARELOR on Tue Mar 2 04:09:00 2021
    ARELOR wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-ããã > AR> I am playing a game of Pandemic right now, and I must say I don't likeã > AR> the game. Half the country is frozen and the gov called for martial-lawã AR> lite. I have beã > AR> selling lots of vitamins and minerals, so it is not a total loss, butãsoã AR> far the gameã > AR> seems boring to me. And nobody gave meã > AR> the manual alongside the game.ã >ãã AR> I don't think you got the joke XDããI did, but for some reason my reply didn't 'save' :-)ããããã... Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue...ã--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52ã þ wcQWK 8.0 ÷ Omicron Theta * Memphis, TN * winserver.orgã
  • From Darkman Almighty@VERT/BEERS20 to JIMMY ANDERSON on Fri Mar 5 16:54:00 2021
    ã JA> Well... I've played Pandemic ONCE in person - the rest have been soloã JA> on the iPad and I've NEVER won... I need to play with someone thatã JA> can teach me. :-)ããI've only played it a handful of times.. usually I have to get prompted.ãMy buddy owns the game...if I had the game, i would play more often. I get the general idea to it and depending on how many play, its gets a bit more difficult. There are more difficult games that no matter how much I play, its still difficult. 7 wonders comes to mind. ã
  • From Darkman Almighty@VERT/BEERS20 to Arelor on Fri Mar 5 16:59:00 2021
    My friends gave me Dead of Winter as a birthday gift last year.ã Ar> Actually, the self-playable expansion.ã Ar> ã Ar> I have yet to try it. However, I think it has a fatal flaw as a game.ã Ar> See, whenã Ar> ã Ar> you are a traitor and try to screw the group upã Ar> during a crisis, you put forward a card. The problem is all the cardsã Ar> have an identifier that determines where they were pickedã Ar> from. So if you used a car picked from the Police Station, the groupã Ar> will zero you out very quickly because chances are notã Ar> many people has been able to source cards from the Police Station duringã Ar> the game (for example).ã Ar> ã Ar> Any opinion regarding whether this is an issue during normal play?ãOh yes, nice. Theres a self-playable? wow. I seem to recall the game play including a traitor.. and it will take a number of turns before anyone will have a clue. If you play with people who are used to being deceived in games, they can figure it out quicker. It's also your actions that will give you away. Fun game though.ã
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Darkman Almighty on Sat Mar 6 05:12:26 2021
    Re: Re: boardgamesã By: Darkman Almighty to Arelor on Fri Mar 05 2021 04:59 pmãã > Oh yes, nice. Theres a self-playable? wow. I seem to recall the game play including a traitor.. and it will take a number ofã > turns before anyone will have a clue. If you play with people who are used to being deceived in games, they can figure it ouã > quicker. It's also your actions that will give you away. Fun game though.ããYes, there is a self playable expansion. It is basically its own game, which you can add to the original one.ããI don't have the original one. I got this expension as a birthday gift but I have not come around to play it. There is thisãpandemic going on, you know, so meetings are not something my group is willing to partake in :-)ããMaybe the game wil play great, but the traitor mechanic seems severy broken out of the manual. If I ever manage to play thisãgame I will bring you may playtest opinions...ãã--ãgopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalkenãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FLã