• Re: You find a USB stick

From hollowone@VERT/BEERS20 to Nightfox on Fri Sep 29 12:31:00 2023
    Some CISOs like to leave them randomly so they can catch people pluggã Ni> TL> them in.ã Ni> ã Ni> What is a CISO?ããChief Information Security Officer.ããSomething like CIO (skip the S meaning, rest means the same), but focused on cyber security on executive level (influencing boards to invest into it).ãã-h1ã
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to hollowone on Sat Sep 30 11:45:40 2023
    Re: Re: You find a USB stickã By: hollowone to Nightfox on Fri Sep 29 2023 12:31 pmãã > Ni> TL> Some CISOs like to leave them randomly so they can catch peopleã > Ni> TL> plugg them in.ã >ã > Ni> What is a CISO?ã >ã > Chief Information Security Officer.ã >ã > Something like CIO (skip the S meaning, rest means the same), but focused onã > cyber security on executive level (influencing boards to invest into it).ã >ãããfrom what i'v seen, companies take the lazy approach to cyber security awareness and use some outside company like the one mitnick started. knowb4 or whatever it's called.ã---ã þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::ã
  • From hollowone@VERT/BEERS20 to MRO on Sat Sep 30 14:08:00 2023
    Chief Information Security Officer.ã MR> >ã MR> ã MR> from what i'v seen, companies take the lazy approach to cyber securityã MR> awareness and use some outside company like the one mitnick started.ã MR> knowb4 or whatever it's called.ã MR> ---ããHaving CISO (it's just yet another corporate role) and having good cyber security program are two different things, agreed.ãã-h1ã
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to hollowone on Sat Sep 30 21:07:50 2023
    Re: Re: You find a USB stickã By: hollowone to MRO on Sat Sep 30 2023 02:08 pmãã > MR> > Chief Information Security Officer.ã >ã >ã > MR> from what i'v seen, companies take the lazy approach to cyber securityã > MR> awareness and use some outside company like the one mitnick started.ã > MR> knowb4 or whatever it's called.ã > MR> ---ã >ã > Having CISO (it's just yet another corporate role) and having good cyberã > security program are two different things, agreed.ã >ããããwe had a dude click on the 'you have a ups package' email and we got crypto and the ceo blasted this guy in a company wide email with the dude's name on it.ã---ã þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::ã
  • From Tracker1@VERT/TRN to MRO on Sun Oct 1 16:34:24 2023
    Re: Re: You find a USB stickã By: MRO to hollowone on Sat Sep 30 2023 11:45:40ãã MR> from what i'v seen, companies take the lazy approach to cyber securityã MR> awareness and use some outside company like the one mitnick started.ã MR> knowb4 or whatever it's called.ããOr run canned pentest scripts against your custom web application, and when you tell them their test is invalid and all requests beginning with /login/ are a different application entirely, so even failed requests won't be the same as / don't seem to believe you.ã ã ã-- ãMichael J. Ryan ã+o roughneckbbs.com ãtracker1@roughneckbbs.comãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Roughneck BBS - roughneckbbs.comã