• Name this BBS

From Steve@VERT/ELEVATOR to All on Mon May 20 19:06:53 2024
    I initially named this BBS the name of my lAST bbs: The Eleator. I was feeling nostalgic.

But then I was listening to some Pink Floyd today and thought "The Comfortably Numb BBS" would be an OK name. More nostalgia.

But then I was driving home today and I passed the sign for Riverview street, and I remembered another Rivervew. So I thought, "The Riverview BBS". Even more nostalgia, but that's the way it goes.

So which of these three pieces of nostalgia should I choose? Or should I go for something else altogether?

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Elevator - bbs.notdos.com - we START at the top
  • From Bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON to Steve on Tue May 21 14:07:25 2024
    Re: Name this BBS
    By: Steve to All on Mon May 20 2024 07:06 pm

But then I was listening to some Pink Floyd today and thought "The Comfortably Numb BBS" would be an OK name. More nostalgia.

Definitely!!! (a big Floyd fan...)

---
    þ Synchronet þ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io
  • From Cozmo@VERT/LUN to Steve on Tue May 21 18:14:00 2024
    I initially named this BBS the name of my lAST bbs: The Eleator. I was feeling nostalgic.

But then I was driving home today and I passed the sign for Riverview street, and I remembered another Rivervew. So I thought, "The Riverview BBS". Even more nostalgia, but that's the way it goes.

So which of these three pieces of nostalgia should I choose? Or should
    I go for something else altogether?

I like "The Comfortably Numb BBS"

|02-=|10Cozmo|02=-

... Next time you wave at me, use more than one finger!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Lunatics Unleashed BBS
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to STEVE on Wed May 22 08:09:00 2024

Back around 1990, there was a BBS in the Louisville, KY, area called
    "Terminal Frost." I thought that was a good Floydian name for a BBS. ;)

* SLMR 2.1a * Beware Romulans baring GIFs.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP