• Re: Old Iron

From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to paulie420 on Wed Feb 24 06:51:00 2021
    paulie420 wrote to Tracker1 <=-ãã pa> Maybe I'm naive to the process, but I just can't understand for theã pa> life of me why these companies don't just... build more inventory?ã pa> Stock more cards? Meet demand?ããLow supply = more demand, higher cost per unit. Why build to meet demand ãwhen you can increase the value (and therefore the cost) by not keeping up ãwith demand instead?ããLet demand jack up the cost, change your product from a commodity to a ãspecialty item, and make more money selling fewer units - and get free ãadvertising bumping your product from one of dozens to The One People Need ãto Have.ããMarketing 101.ããã... Do the words need changing?ã--- MultiMail/DOS v0.52ã þ Synchronet þ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.orgã
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to poindexter FORTRAN on Thu Feb 25 02:35:00 2021
    Re: Re: Old Ironã By: poindexter FORTRAN to paulie420 on Wed Feb 24 2021 06:51 amãã > -=> paulie420 wrote to Tracker1 <=-ã > ã > pa> Maybe I'm naive to the process, but I just can't understand for theã > pa> life of me why these companies don't just... build more inventory?ã > pa> Stock more cards? Meet demand?ã > ã > Low supply = more demand, higher cost per unit. Why build to meet demandã > when you can increase the value (and therefore the cost) by not keeping up with demand instead?ã > ã > Let demand jack up the cost, change your product from a commodity to a specialty item, and make more money selling fewer unã > - and get free advertising bumping your product from one of dozens to The One People Needã > to Have.ã > ã > Marketing 101.ã > ã > ã > ... Do the words need changing?ããThat only works if you don't fear the competitor making more cards than you in order to fill the demand.ãã--ãgopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalkenãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FLã
  • From Tracker1@VERT/TRN to poindexter FORTRAN on Sun Feb 28 15:25:42 2021
    On 2/24/2021 6:51 AM, poindexter FORTRAN wrote:
    Maybe I'm naive to the process, but I just can't understand for the
    life of me why these companies don't just... build more inventory?
    Stock more cards? Meet demand?

Low supply = more demand, higher cost per unit. Why build to meet demand when you can increase the value (and therefore the cost) by not
    keeping up
    with demand instead?

Let demand jack up the cost, change your product from a commodity to a specialty item, and make more money selling fewer units - and get free advertising bumping your product from one of dozens to The One People
    Need
    to Have.
    It's not a lack of desire to build more cards... It takes years to build
    a processor or memory fabrication plant. This stuff gets backlogged for
    3-5 years. Not to mention costing billions to do so. Which is why they
    don't over-build in the first place. Combined with network of shortages
    in supply chains throughout the world, it just doesn't go well.

Combined with more demand than typical from more people at home and in
    need of newer computers, and/or the crypto miners buying every GPU they
    can to the point they're buying laptops with GPU power to drain
    everything resembling inventory from every resource.

And it's not price, or value (performance per dollar or watt),
    everything short of the lowest end is sold out everywhere. Even most of
    the higher end business cards are sold out.
    --
    Michael J. Ryan - tracker1@roughneckbbs.com
    ---
    ï¿­ Synchronet ï¿­ Roughneck BBS - roughneckbbs.com
  • From Xer0@VERT/CANADIAN to Nightfox on Tue Mar 19 03:00:48 2024
    Re: Re: Old Iron
    By: Nightfox to Tracker1 on Fri Jan 22 2021 07:47 am

get a 2nd hand gpu that wasnt used for mining

---
    þ Synchronet þ Canadian Rebel BBS -- canadianrebel.sytes.net:1981