• skinnertoo v2.08

From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to The Millionaire on Thu Aug 5 19:38:55 2021
    Re: skinnertoo v2.08„ By: The Millionaire to All on Fri Mar 07 2025 06:03 pm„„ TM> Hi. I am looking for an old program that is called Skinnertoo v2.08.„ TM> Archive name: sknr208.zip. It makes Winamp 3 skins. If you have this„ TM> program, or know where I can get it, please let me know. Thanks. :-)„„Google brought up some reasults.. I found a link here:„https://ftp.sunet.se/mirror/archive/ftp.sunet.se/pub/simtelnet/win95/musmisc/„„Nightfox„„---„ Ģ Synchronet Ģ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com„
  • From Brian Rogers@VERT/CARNAGE to Nightfox on Fri Aug 6 09:36:00 2021
    Nightfox wrote to The Millionaire <=-„„ Ni> Re: skinnertoo v2.08„ Ni> By: The Millionaire to All on Fri Mar 07 2025 06:03 pm„„ TM> Hi. I am looking for an old program that is called Skinnertoo v2.08.„ TM> Archive name: sknr208.zip. It makes Winamp 3 skins. If you have this„ TM> program, or know where I can get it, please let me know. Thanks. :-)„„ Ni> Google brought up some reasults.. I found a link here:„ Ni> https://ftp.sunet.se/mirror/archive/ftp.sunet.se/pub/simtelnet/win95/mus„ Ni> misc/„„Is Winamp still a popular app? I know it was around 20+ years ago as was the„original XMMS for Linux. Back then I had the #2 stream on shoutcast... mainly„due to the fact that I only had 8 channels available. I fed it with Winamp„and a few plugins I had which I can't recall the names. My playlist took„days to generate and I had enough music on my server (it was a former DSL.net„mail server) so that it didn't need to restart for over 3 weeks straight. I„would regenerate a playlist each season of the year. This would capture new„music I'd add as well so the thing sounded somewhat fresh.„„Fun times.„„... A model A is over 100 years old and is in better shape that most of us!„--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52„ Ģ Synchronet Ģ SBBS - Carnage! Get your bytes revived here.„
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Brian Rogers on Fri Aug 6 10:49:48 2021
    Re: Re: skinnertoo v2.08„ By: Brian Rogers to Nightfox on Fri Aug 06 2021 09:36 am„„ BR> Is Winamp still a popular app? I know it was around 20+ years ago as was„ BR> the original XMMS for Linux. Back then I had the #2 stream on shoutcast...„„I don't think WinAmp is nearly as popular as it used to be. I was still using WinAmp as one of my favorite music players for quite a while, but I stopped using it because it seemed that WinAmp lacked support for UI scaling. When I got a 4K monitor, WinAmp looked really tiny on it and was hard to read, so I stopped using WinAmp.„„I remember WinAmp's development stopped years ago, but I think perhaps development had been picked up again at some ponit.. I could be wrong though.„„Nightfox„„---„ Ģ Synchronet Ģ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com„
  • From Brian Rogers@VERT/CARNAGE to Nightfox on Sat Aug 7 08:09:00 2021
    Hello Nightfox;„„-=> Nightfox wrote to Brian Rogers <=-„„ Ni> I don't think WinAmp is nearly as popular as it used to be. I was„ Ni> still using WinAmp as one of my favorite music players for quite a„ Ni> while, but I stopped using it because it seemed that WinAmp lacked„ Ni> support for UI scaling. When I got a 4K monitor, WinAmp looked really„ Ni> tiny on it and was hard to read, so I stopped using WinAmp.„„I'm sure it was quite small to read with such a great monitor. „„ Ni> I remember WinAmp's development stopped years ago, but I think perhaps„ Ni> development had been picked up again at some ponit.. I could be wrong„ Ni> though.„„They also stopped dev on XMMS, they came out with XMMS2 but I never found it„half as good as the original. There were some really cool plugins and skins„for it as well. One I had was an analog VU meter that I put some peak LED„thingers into it on... was sorta neat. If I can recall, the biggest issue„with the original XMMS was remote attacks. „„I think now a day most people just settle with apps like iHeart, spotify, etc.„„„„... I have kleptomania but when it gets bad I take something for it.„--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52„ Ģ Synchronet Ģ SBBS - Carnage! Get your bytes revived here.„
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Brian Rogers on Sat Aug 7 13:28:42 2021
    Re: Re: skinnertoo v2.08„ By: Brian Rogers to Nightfox on Sat Aug 07 2021 08:09 am„„ BR> They also stopped dev on XMMS, they came out with XMMS2 but I never found„ BR> it half as good as the original. There were some really cool plugins and„ BR> skins for it as well. One I had was an analog VU meter that I put some„ BR> peak LED thingers into it on... was sorta neat. If I can recall, the„ BR> biggest issue with the original XMMS was remote attacks. „„ BR> I think now a day most people just settle with apps like iHeart, spotify,„ BR> etc. „„I still have my library of my own music on my computer, so I like having a good music app to play it. I don't want to always rely on streaming.„„Nightfox„„---„ Ģ Synchronet Ģ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com„
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Nightfox on Sat Aug 7 19:19:10 2021
    Re: Re: skinnertoo v2.08„ By: Nightfox to Brian Rogers on Sat Aug 07 2021 01:28 pm„„ > I still have my library of my own music on my computer, so I like having a g„ > music app to play it. I don't want to always rely on streaming.„ > „„I alway have a local copy of anything I consider worth keeping.„„I use Music on Console as a music player. It is a terminal program but it is„quite handy. No issues with resolution and scaling...„„--„gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken„„---„ Ģ Synchronet Ģ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL„
  • From Brian Rogers@VERT/CARNAGE to Nightfox on Sun Aug 8 09:13:00 2021
    Hey Nightfox;„„-=> Nightfox wrote to Brian Rogers <=-„„ Ni> I still have my library of my own music on my computer, so I like„ Ni> having a good music app to play it. I don't want to always rely on„ Ni> streaming.„„Same here, and I have backups. My main system storing it all is an old„Netfinity 5000 with hot swap Raid 5. That's saved my butt on a few occasions„since SCSI drives are OLD.„„... Old professors never die, they just lose their class.„--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52„ Ģ Synchronet Ģ SBBS - Carnage! Get your bytes revived here.„