• COPY_FILE

From Willowolf@VERT/WOLFGROT to All on Tue Jan 8 22:46:00 2002
    I would like to copy my old auto.msg file to a file called auto.old. I amãhaving trouble with the COPY_FILE function in Baja. I don't understand how toãset up the variables correctly <str_var>. I know you set a variable with STRãA, or STR B, etc, and then SETSTR B "%jmsgs\auto.msg" is how I have tried toãset the path and file for the COPY_FILE command. I have read the Documentationãfor Baja, but can't figure it out. How do I copy a file in Baja from one fileãto another file, the copied having a different file name than the original?ãã I have no programming experience, and help or examples would beãappreciated.ããThanks,ã\\/ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Wolf Grotto = Las Vegas, Nevada USA = wolfgrotto.darktech.orgã
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Willowolf on Wed Jan 9 06:10:45 2002
    RE: COPY_FILEãBY: Willowolf to All on Wed Jan 09 2002 06:46 amãã > I would like to copy my old auto.msg file to a file called auto.old. Iã > having trouble with the COPY_FILE function in Baja. I don't understand how ã > set up the variables correctly <str_var>. I know you set a variable with STã > A, or STR B, etc, and then SETSTR B "%jmsgs\auto.msg" is how I have tried toã > set the path and file for the COPY_FILE command. I have read the Documentatã > for Baja, but can't figure it out. How do I copy a file in Baja from one fiã > to another file, the copied having a different file name than the original?ã > ã > I have no programming experience, and help or examples would beã > appreciated.ããstr source destinationã# use forward-slash pathãset source "%jmsgs/auto.msg"ãset destination "%jmsgs/auto.old"ãcopy_file source destinationãif_falseã print "Failed."ãelseã print "Successful."ã end_ifãã-Robã---ã þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.netã
  • From Willowolf@VERT/WOLFGROT to Digital Man on Wed Jan 9 10:58:00 2002
    [Reply to]: COPY_FILEã[Typed by]: Digital Man to Willowolf on Wed Jan 09 2002 02:10 pmãã > str source destinationã > # use forward-slash pathã > set source "%jmsgs/auto.msg"ã > set destination "%jmsgs/auto.old"ã > copy_file source destinationã > if_falseã > print "Failed."ã > elseã > print "Successful."ã > end_ifã > ã > -Robãã Thanks Rob, I appreciate it.ãã\\/ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Wolf Grotto = Las Vegas, Nevada USA = wolfgrotto.darktech.orgã