• first javascript

From TheTaz@VERT/RCYLBBS1 to All on Fri Mar 9 15:54:26 2012
    hello allãI am going to try my hand at javascript and would like aãfew ideas at where to start. have some experiance withãbaja, C++, and gwbasic. so I do understand some basicãlogic flow. what I would like to do is modify some ofãthe synchronet menus using Javascript. what would youãsuggest a good starting point would be? need somthingãeasy.ãã TheTaz...ããã---ã þ Synchronet þ Recycled BBS - recycledbbs.comã
  • From Digital Man@VERT to TheTaz on Fri Mar 9 15:06:01 2012
    Re: first javascriptã By: TheTaz to All on Fri Mar 09 2012 03:54 pmãã > hello allã > I am going to try my hand at javascript and would like aã > few ideas at where to start. have some experiance withã > baja, C++, and gwbasic. so I do understand some basicã > logic flow. what I would like to do is modify some ofã > the synchronet menus using Javascript. what would youã > suggest a good starting point would be? need somthingã > easy.ããMost of the Synchronet command shells are still written in Baja. What "menus" ãwere looking to modify via JS? You can take a look at exec/chat_sec.js as ãexample "menu" (the Chat section), as written in JS.ãã digital manããSynchronet "Real Fact" #41:ãRob Swindell was laughed out of a FidoNet Net103 (OC, Calif.) meeting in 1992.ãNorco, CA WX: 81.1øF, 6.0% humidity, 8 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrsã---ã þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.netã
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to TheTaz on Fri Mar 9 17:26:09 2012
    Re: first javascriptã By: TheTaz to All on Fri Mar 09 2012 03:54 pmãã > I am going to try my hand at javascript and would like aã > few ideas at where to start. have some experiance withã > baja, C++, and gwbasic. so I do understand some basicã > logic flow. what I would like to do is modify some ofã > the synchronet menus using Javascript. what would youã > suggest a good starting point would be? need somthingã > easy.ããCurrently the only "stock" JavaScript shell is classic_shell.js... but it was
    written as a translation of the Baja default shell, and isn't a good example of
    how to do a shell in JS.ããWhile it should be relatively simple to modify, it's not a good basis for a
    completely new shell... just good if you want to change a few key bindings and update the menu files.ãã---ãhttp://DuckDuckGo.com/ a better search engine that respects your privacy.ã þ Synchronet þ My Brand-New BBS (All the cool SysOps run STOCK!)ã
  • From TheTaz@VERT/RCYLBBS1 to Digital Man on Sat Mar 10 18:30:42 2012
    Re: first javascriptã By: Digital Man to TheTaz on Fri Mar 09 2012 15:06:01ãã > Re: first javascriptã > By: TheTaz to All on Fri Mar 09 2012 03:54 pmãã > > hello all I am going to try my hand at javascript and would like aã > > few ideas at where to start. have some experiance with baja, C++,ã > > and gwbasic. so I do understand some basic logic flow. what I wouldã > > like to do is modify some of the synchronet menus using Javascript.ã > > what would you suggest a good starting point would be? needã > > somthing easy.ãã > Most of the Synchronet command shells are still written in Baja. What "menusã > were looking to modify via JS? You can take a look at exec/chat_sec.js asã > example "menu" (the Chat section), as written in JS.ãã > digital manããThanks for the info. I will use that as a starting point.ãI guess you gotta' start somewhere.ããã Duece thanks for your input as wellãã TheTaz...ããã---ã þ Synchronet þ Recycled BBS - recycledbbs.comã