• Error with Weather program

From Steven Sheeley@VERT/INFINITY to KenDB3 on Tue Sep 27 18:36:34 2016
    Hello KenDB3!ãããI've recently upgraded to SBBS 3.17 and have encoun tered and error in your weather door. It was working fine before the upgrade, now, I get the following error when a user logs in and the weatehr for thier location is displayed:ããNode 1 ERROR in weather.js: api.wunderground.com returned a 'querynotfound' error with this description: 'No cities match your search query'.ããWhat other information do you need to troubleshoot this?ããStevenããã... The fearless Spaceman Spiff sets off to explore a new planet.ã--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20160322ã þ Synchronet þ Split Infinity BBS - infinity.synchro.netã
  • From KenDB3@VERT/KD3NET to Steven Sheeley on Wed Sep 28 15:38:03 2016
    Re: Error with Weather programã By: Steven Sheeley to KenDB3 on Tue Sep 27 2016 06:36 pmãã SS> Hello KenDB3!ãã SS> I've recently upgraded to SBBS 3.17 and have encoun tered and error inã SS> your weather door. It was working fine before the upgrade, now, I get theã SS> following error when a user logs in and the weatehr for thier location isã SS> displayed: ãã SS> Node 1 ERROR in weather.js: api.wunderground.com returned aã SS> 'querynotfound' error with this description: 'No cities match your searchã SS> query'. ãã SS> What other information do you need to troubleshoot this?ãã SS> StevenããMy first guess is that maybe the file /sbbs/ctrl/modopts.ini was overwrittenãand you are now missing the section for [syncWX]. Check the Sysop.txt underãSection II, part 2.ããIf that is not it, then some Debug info might be helpful here.ããIn Synchronet, change your LogLevel to be Debugging. This should generate aãDebug message in your Synchronet Control Panel and Logs that has the actualãString sent to wunderground.com and the error the API kicked back (hopefully).ããChanging the LogLevel is done in /sbbs/ctrl/sbbs.iniãMore info about it is listed here:ãhttp://wiki.synchro.net/config:sbbs.ini#loglevel ããI also have some FAQ's here:ãhttps://github.com/KenDB3/syncWXremix/blob/master/FAQs.mdãã~KenDB3ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ KD3net-Rhode Island's only BBS about nothing. http://bbs.kd3.usã
  • From Steven Sheeley@VERT/INFINITY to KenDB3 on Wed Sep 28 20:44:42 2016
    Hello KenDB3!ãã28 Sep 16 15:38, you wrote to me:ããã Ke> My first guess is that maybe the file /sbbs/ctrl/modopts.ini wasã Ke> overwritten and you are now missing the section for [syncWX]. Checkã Ke> the Sysop.txt under Section II, part 2.ããNope, that section is still in the modopts.ini fileãã Ke> If that is not it, then some Debug info might be helpful here.ãã Ke> In Synchronet, change your LogLevel to be Debugging. This shouldã Ke> generate a Debug message in your Synchronet Control Panel and Logsã Ke> that has the actual String sent to wunderground.com and the error theã Ke> API kicked back (hopefully).ãã; Highest log level to actually log/print (ignore all higher/less-severe log entries):ã; This log level may be overridden for each server/serviceã; Supported log levels in decreasing severity (ala syslog):ã; Emergency, Alert, Critical, Error, Warning, Notice, Informational, Debuggingã LogLevel=DebuggingããLogging level is set to debug and this is what I got fromãã@ 20:42 Wed Sep 28 2016 Node 1ã@+ Telnet SplitInfinity [192.168.1.28]ã++ (0001) Buckaroo Banzai Logon 0 - 11ãX- Buckaroo Banzai running external program: BullshitãX- Buckaroo Banzai running external program: Your Local Weatherã /Oã@- 20:43 T: 0 R: 0 P: 0 E: 0 F: 0 U: 0k 0 D: 0k 0ããFrom the log 092816.log in my ./sbbs/data/logs directory.ããIs that what you are looking for?ããããStevenããã... The decontamination unit called. You're socks are clean.ã--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20160322ã þ Synchronet þ Split Infinity BBS - infinity.synchro.netã
  • From KenDB3@VERT/KD3NET to Steven Sheeley on Thu Sep 29 13:04:26 2016
    Re: Error with Weather programã By: Steven Sheeley to KenDB3 on Wed Sep 28 2016 08:44 pmãã Ke>> If that is not it, then some Debug info might be helpful here.ãã Ke>> In Synchronet, change your LogLevel to be Debugging. This shouldã Ke>> generate a Debug message in your Synchronet Control Panel and Logsã Ke>> that has the actual String sent to wunderground.com and the errorã Ke>> the API kicked back (hopefully).ãã SS> ; Highest log level to actually log/print (ignore all higher/less-severeã SS> log entries): ; This log level may be overridden for each server/serviceã SS> ; Supported log levels in decreasing severity (ala syslog):ã SS> ; Emergency, Alert, Critical, Error, Warning, Notice, Informational,ã SS> Debugging ã SS> LogLevel=Debuggingãã SS> Logging level is set to debug and this is what I got fromãã SS> @ 20:42 Wed Sep 28 2016 Node 1ã SS> @+ Telnet SplitInfinity [192.168.1.28]ã SS> ++ (0001) Buckaroo Banzai Logon 0 - 11ã SS> X- Buckaroo Banzai running external program: Bullshitã SS> X- Buckaroo Banzai running external program: Your Local Weatherã SS> /Oã SS> @- 20:43 T: 0 R: 0 P: 0 E: 0 F: 0 U: 0k 0 D: 0k 0ãã SS> From the log 092816.log in my ./sbbs/data/logs directory.ãã SS> Is that what you are looking for?ããSteven, I'm replying here, but I also read your email to me, but when I triedãto reply back, I noticed your domain for your email was coming up as yourãprivate IP (192.168.x.x), so I am guessing you didn't get the email.ãã <Adding Good Info From Your Emails>ãã SS> I think I've tracked down the issue. In SBBS 3.16c the door worked ã SS> perfectly when I conecnted locally. My BBS is on my unroutable adres ã SS> 192.168.1.28 abd my lcoal machine sits on the same networl The door ã SS> used to give the GEO-IP address of the Public address of my BBS when ã SS> I netered locally and it was correct.ãã SS> Now, SBBS, is sending the un-reoutable IP address in the string. ã SS> I included all the debug into in my follow up post on Dove-Netãã SS> Here's the info from my SBBS.INIãã SS> [Global]ã SS> ; Override system address for this instance (optional):ã SS> HostName=infinity.synchro.netã SS> ; IP address of network interface to bind to (defaults to ANY/ALLãinterfaces):ã SS> Interface=0.0.0.0ããIs this the log info you mentioned adding? Because when I emailed you, I wasãadvising that there is better log info directly in the SBBS Control Panel.ããI took some screen shots. This is the program running normally:ãhttp://bbs.kd3.us/screenshots/Synchronet-Windows-Control-Panel.pngããThis example is if there is an error, there is Debug info you can grab:ãhttp://bbs.kd3.us/screenshots/Synchronet-Windows-Control-Panel-with-error.pngããI think I know what's going on, and you probably can do an easy fix on yourãend. But I want to see the Debug to see whether it is something that can beãavoided with a code fix in the app. ãã~KenDB3ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ KD3net-Rhode Island's only BBS about nothing. http://bbs.kd3.usã
  • From Steven Sheeley@VERT/INFINITY to KenDB3 on Thu Sep 29 13:44:42 2016
    Hello KenDB3!ããReplying to a msg dated 29 Sep 16 13:04, from you to me.ããNot sure why the hostname is comming across as my internet network. ANd port 25 is redirtected by my ISP so I use the Synchro relay mail server.ãããI discovered once the debug was turned on what was going on. If I conencted to the BBS from inside my internal network, the script was sending the IP of my internal network. If I came in from "outside" then it sent the External IP address and the door works.ããBased on your recommendation, I set the fallback setting in modopts.ini to this:ãã[syncWX]ãwungrndAPIkey = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxãweathericon_ext = .ascãfallback_type = nonipãfallback = 25984ããand now everything is working just fine. Thanks for looking at this!ãããStevenããã... New friends are fun to find...so are old ancestorsã--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20160322ã þ Synchronet þ Split Infinity BBS - infinity.synchro.netã
  • From KenDB3@VERT/KD3NET to Steven Sheeley on Thu Sep 29 14:23:57 2016
    Re: Error with Weather programã By: Steven Sheeley to KenDB3 on Thu Sep 29 2016 01:44 pmãã SS> I discovered once the debug was turned on what was going on. If Iã SS> conencted to the BBS from inside my internal network, the script wasã SS> sending the IP of my internal network. If I came in from "outside" then itã SS> sent the External IP address and the door works. ãã SS> Based on your recommendation, I set the fallback setting in modopts.ini toã SS> this: ãã SS> [syncWX]ã SS> wungrndAPIkey = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxã SS> weathericon_ext = .ascã SS> fallback_type = nonipã SS> fallback = 25984ãã SS> and now everything is working just fine. Thanks for looking at this!ããAwesome! Glad it is working! :-)ãã~KenDB3ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ KD3net-Rhode Island's only BBS about nothing. http://bbs.kd3.usã