• Added blink support to funclib.js (used by colorPicker())

From alterego@VERT/ALTERANT to Digital Man on Sun Jul 26 18:17:45 2020
    Hey DM,ããI patched funclib.js to support blink, by pressing "B" when the colorPicker is rendered.ããHere it is base64:ããNjA3YTYwOAo+IAl2YXIgYmxrbWFzayA9ICgxPDw3KTsKNjEzYTYxNQo+IAl2YXIgYmxpbmsgPSAoãKGF0dHImYmxrbWFzayk+PjcpID8gYmxrbWFzayA6IDA7CjYxN2M2MTkKPCAJdmFyIHBmZ0N1cnNvãciA9IG5ldyBGcmFtZSh4LCB5LCAyLCAxLCBCR19CTEFDS3xXSElURSwgc3ViUGFsZXR0ZSk7Ci0tãLQo+IAl2YXIgcGZnQ3Vyc29yID0gbmV3IEZyYW1lKHgsIHksIDIsIDEsIEJHX0JMQUNLfFdISVRFãfGJsaW5rLCBzdWJQYWxldHRlKTsKNjM3YzYzOQo8IAlwYWxldHRlLmNlbnRlcigiRm9yZWdyb3VuãZDogTGVmdCAvIFJpZ2h0Iik7Ci0tLQo+IAlwYWxldHRlLmNlbnRlcigiRm9yZWdyb3VuZDogTGVmãdCAvIFJpZ2h0IFtCLUJsaW5rXSIpOwo2ODZhNjg5LDY5Mgo+IAkJCWNhc2UgJ0InOgo+IAkJCQliãbGluayBePSBibGttYXNrOwo+IAkJCQlwZmdDdXJzb3IucHV0bXNnKCdGRycsQkdfQkxBQ0t8V0hJãVEV8YmxpbmspOwo+IAkJCQlicmVhazsKNjkwYzY5Ngo8IAkJYXR0ciA9IGZnQ29sb3Vyc1tmZ0NvãbG91cl18YmdDb2xvdXJzW2JnQ29sb3VyXTsKLS0tCj4gCQlhdHRyID0gZmdDb2xvdXJzW2ZnQ29sãb3VyXXxiZ0NvbG91cnNbYmdDb2xvdXJdfGJsaW5rOwo=ããIf you would prefer a unified diff, I can produce it easily...ãã...ëîåïãã... There is an order of things in this universe. Apollo, stardate 3468.1.ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!ã
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to alterego on Sun Jul 26 11:12:27 2020
    Re: Added blink support to funclib.js (used by colorPicker())ã By: alterego to Digital Man on Sun Jul 26 2020 06:17 pmãã al> I patched funclib.js to support blink, by pressing "B" when theã al> colorPicker is rendered. ãã al> Here it is base64:ãã al> NjA3YTYwOAo+IAl2YXIgYmxrbWFzayA9ICgxPDw3KTsKNjEzYTYxNQo+IAl2YXIgYmxpbmsgPSããUntil just the past couple days, I had never seen anyone post base64-encoded content on Dove-Net before.. Usually people would put a file up for download somewhere and post a link. I'm wondering if that might be easier than saving the message, then trimming it down to the base64 content and then decoding it.. Unless there's an easy way to save base64-encoded files from these messages that I don't know about.ããNightfoxãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.comã
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Sun Jul 26 14:05:06 2020
    Re: Added blink support to funclib.js (used by colorPicker())ã By: Nightfox to alterego on Sun Jul 26 2020 11:12 amãã Ni> Re: Added blink support to funclib.js (used by colorPicker())ã Ni> By: alterego to Digital Man on Sun Jul 26 2020 06:17 pmãã al>> I patched funclib.js to support blink, by pressing "B" when theã al>> colorPicker is rendered. ãã al>> Here it is base64:ãã al>> NjA3YTYwOAo+IAl2YXIgYmxrbWFzayA9ICgxPDw3KTsKNjEzYTYxNQo+IAl2YXIgYmxpã al>> bmsgPS ãã Ni> Until just the past couple days, I had never seen anyone postã Ni> base64-encoded content on Dove-Net before.. Usually people would put aã Ni> file up for download somewhere and post a link. I'm wondering if thatã Ni> might be easier than saving the message, then trimming it down to theã Ni> base64 content and then decoding it.. Unless there's an easy way to saveã Ni> base64-encoded files from these messages that I don't know about.ããhonestly i would prefer pastebinã---ã þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::ã
  • From alterego@VERT/ALTERANT to Nightfox on Mon Jul 27 07:37:12 2020
    Re: Added blink support to funclib.js (used by colorPicker())ã By: Nightfox to alterego on Sun Jul 26 2020 11:12 amãã Ni> Until just the past couple days, I had never seen anyone postã Ni> base64-encoded content on Dove-Net before.. Usually people would put aã Ni> file up for download somewhere and post a link. I'm wondering if thatã Ni> might be easier than saving the message, then trimming it down to theã Ni> base64 content and then decoding it.. Unless there's an easy way to saveã Ni> base64-encoded files from these messages that I don't know about.ããWell, if it works out too hard, I'll happily make a patch available. (If DM used git, I'd provide a pull request, which I think would be even easier.)ããBut capture the content should be as easy as:ããecho '<base64>' | base64 -d > my.patchããeg:ãecho 'SGVsbG8gdGhlcmUhCg==' | base64 -dãã(Hopefully the pipe symbol wasnt eaten by this message).ããSince syncterm makes it quite easy to cut/paste, I thought that would be the easiest way.ãã...ëîåïãã... To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!ã
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to alterego on Sun Jul 26 17:18:49 2020
    Re: Added blink support to funclib.js (used by colorPicker())ã By: alterego to Nightfox on Mon Jul 27 2020 07:37 amãã al> Since syncterm makes it quite easy to cut/paste, I thought that would beã al> the easiest way. ããBut if the message is long, you'd have to cut & paste multiple times, and then use a tool to base64-decode it. IMO it would be much easier to copy & paste a web/FTP link and just download the file that way.ããNightfoxãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.comã
  • From alterego@VERT/ALTERANT to Nightfox on Mon Jul 27 11:21:35 2020
    Re: Added blink support to funclib.js (used by colorPicker())ã By: Nightfox to alterego on Sun Jul 26 2020 05:18 pmãã Ni> But if the message is long, you'd have to cut & paste multiple times, andã Ni> then use a tool to base64-decode it. IMO it would be much easier to copyã Ni> & paste a web/FTP link and just download the file that way.ããRight, that I agree - and I did consider that when pasting it into a message, making sure that it was all available on screen at the same time (without paging).ããI also considered puting bzip2 in the middle, to make the post even shorter (which it did) - but since it already fitted on the page at the same time, I didnt use it.ããIf this method doesnt work for DM - I'll provide a file somehow...ãã...ëîåïãã... Vulcans worship peace above all. McCoy, Return to Tomorrow, stardate 4768.ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!ã
  • From Digital Man@VERT to alterego on Sun Jul 26 19:32:24 2020
    Re: Added blink support to funclib.js (used by colorPicker())ã By: alterego to Nightfox on Mon Jul 27 2020 07:37 amãã > Re: Added blink support to funclib.js (used by colorPicker())ã > By: Nightfox to alterego on Sun Jul 26 2020 11:12 amã >ã > Ni> Until just the past couple days, I had never seen anyone postã > Ni> base64-encoded content on Dove-Net before.. Usually people would put aã > Ni> file up for download somewhere and post a link. I'm wondering if thatã > Ni> might be easier than saving the message, then trimming it down to theã > Ni> base64 content and then decoding it.. Unless there's an easy way toã > Ni> save base64-encoded files from these messages that I don't know about.ã >ã > Well, if it works out too hard, I'll happily make a patch available. (If DMã > used git, I'd provide a pull request, which I think would be even easier.)ã >ã > But capture the content should be as easy as:ã >ã > echo '<base64>' | base64 -d > my.patchã >ã > eg:ã > echo 'SGVsbG8gdGhlcmUhCg==' | base64 -dã >ã > (Hopefully the pipe symbol wasnt eaten by this message).ã >ã > Since syncterm makes it quite easy to cut/paste, I thought that would be theã > easiest way.ããUnfortunately, the new-lines of the message body are pasted as CRs on theãcommand-line, so not so easy.ãã digital manããSling Blade quote #24:ãKarl: Kaiser blade. I hit my mother upside the head with it. Mmm... Killed her.ãNorco, CA WX: 72.9øF, 67.0% humidity, 4 mph SE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrsã---ã þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.netã