• File Auto Pause

From Adam B@VERT to All on Wed Jan 7 22:58:47 2009
    Hello everyone. I am setting up a BBS system and am currently customizing it.ãWhen a user creates an account I am having the caller contract displayed. Its aãrather big file, more than 25 lines. Is there an easy way to have the fileãauto-pause when it is being diplayed? Or will I just have to create a routineãin my javascript file to do this?ããThanks!ãã-Adamã---ã þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.netã
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Adam B on Thu Jan 8 18:40:44 2009
    Re: File Auto Pauseã By: Adam B to All on Wed Jan 07 2009 10:58 pmãã > Hello everyone. I am setting up a BBS system and am currently customizingã > it. When a user creates an account I am having the caller contractã > displayed. Its a rather big file, more than 25 lines. Is there an easy wayã > to have the file auto-pause when it is being diplayed? Or will I just haveã > to create a routine in my javascript file to do this?ããWhat JS method are you using to display the file? The console.printfile()ãmethod will automatically pause for each screen, normally.ãã digital man (xbox-live: digitlman)ããSnapple "Real Fact" #11:ãFlamingos are pink because they eat shrimp.ãNorco, CA WX: ---øF, ---% humidity, NaN mph --- wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrsã---ã þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.netã
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Digital Man on Thu Jan 8 19:43:38 2009
    Re: File Auto Pauseã By: Digital Man to Adam B on Thu Jan 08 2009 06:40 pmãã > Re: File Auto Pauseã > By: Adam B to All on Wed Jan 07 2009 10:58 pmã > ã > > Hello everyone. I am setting up a BBS system and am currently customizingã > > it. When a user creates an account I am having the caller contractã > > displayed. Its a rather big file, more than 25 lines. Is there an easy waã > > to have the file auto-pause when it is being diplayed? Or will I just havã > > to create a routine in my javascript file to do this?ã > ã > What JS method are you using to display the file? The console.printfile()ã > method will automatically pause for each screen, normally.ã > ã > digital man (xbox-live: digitlman)ã > ã > Snapple "Real Fact" #11:ã > Flamingos are pink because they eat shrimp.ã > Norco, CA WX: ---øF, ---% humidity, NaN mph --- wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrsã > ããI once knew a guy who could not program a line of code untill after he had hisãjava... lolããCaput meum major podice meo.ãThis message has ended, go in peace...ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nvã
  • From Adam B@VERT to Digital Man on Fri Jan 9 02:41:37 2009
    Re: File Auto Pauseã By: Digital Man to Adam B on Thu Jan 08 2009 06:40 pmãã > What JS method are you using to display the file? The console.printfile()ã > method will automatically pause for each screen, normally.ããThanks for the reply. I am using:ããconsole.printfile( "/sbbs/text/contract.txt", P_NONE );ããI also tried it with no 2nd argument. No pause.ããAny ideas?ããThanks! - Adamã---ã þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.netã
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Adam B on Fri Jan 9 10:52:56 2009
    Re: File Auto Pauseã By: Adam B to Digital Man on Fri Jan 09 2009 02:41 amãã > > What JS method are you using to display the file? Theã > > console.printfile() method will automatically pause for each screen,ã > > normally.ã >ã > console.printfile( "/sbbs/text/contract.txt", P_NONE );ã >ã > Any ideas?ããDo you have "Screen Pause" turned off in your user config?ãã--- ãSynchronet - Jump on the Web 0.2 bandwagon!ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ My Brand-New BBS (All the cool SysOps run STOCK!)ã
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Adam B on Fri Jan 9 13:35:27 2009
    Re: File Auto Pauseã By: Adam B to Digital Man on Fri Jan 09 2009 02:41 amãã > Re: File Auto Pauseã > By: Digital Man to Adam B on Thu Jan 08 2009 06:40 pmã >ã > > What JS method are you using to display the file? Theã > > console.printfile() method will automatically pause for each screen,ã > > normally.ã >ã > Thanks for the reply. I am using:ã >ã > console.printfile( "/sbbs/text/contract.txt", P_NONE );ã >ã > I also tried it with no 2nd argument. No pause.ã >ã > Any ideas?ããThings to try:ãã1. Verify that none of the lines in the file are > 79 chars in length.ã2. Add the code "@pon@" (uppercase the PON part) to the top off the file.ãã digital man (xbox-live: digitlman)ããSnapple "Real Fact" #113:ãThe fastest recorded speed of a racehorse was over 43 mph. ãNorco, CA WX: ---øF, ---% humidity, NaN mph --- wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrsã---ã þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.netã
  • From Adam B@VERT to Deuce on Mon Jan 12 21:05:00 2009
    Re: File Auto Pauseã By: Deuce to Adam B on Fri Jan 09 2009 10:52 amãã > Do you have "Screen Pause" turned off in your user config?ããWell, there is no logged in user when this is shown. The user is in theãcraeation process. This might be why.ã---ã þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.netã
  • From Adam B@VERT to Digital Man on Mon Jan 12 21:05:31 2009
    Re: File Auto Pauseã By: Digital Man to Adam B on Fri Jan 09 2009 01:35 pmãã > 2. Add the code "@pon@" (uppercase the PON part) to the top off the file.ããThe PON macro worked! Thanks!ã---ã þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.netã