• Kasm Workspaces

From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to All on Fri Jan 21 11:48:00 2022
    I just started playing with Kasm workspaces, it's a pretty nifty tool. It ãruns in a docker container and streams container'ed environments or ãapplications into an isolated session, run in their open-source browser- ãbased VNC tool.ããOut of the box it comes with Centos and Ubuntu, and includes browsers, ãSlack, Teams and other apps that run in their own little web sandboxes. Very ãhandy.ããhttps://kasmweb.comãããã... The strongest steel is forged in the fires of a dumpster.ã--- MultiMail/DOS v0.52ã þ Synchronet þ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.ã
  • From Andy Alt@VERT to poindexter FORTRAN on Fri Feb 18 02:31:00 2022
    poindexter FORTRAN wrote to All <=-ãã pF> Out of the box it comes with Centos and Ubuntu, and includes browsers,ã pF> Slack, Teams and other apps that run in their own little web sandboxes.ã pF> Very handy.ãã pF> https://kasmweb.comããThanks. Seems like it might be pretty cool. Bookmarked.ããããã-- ã-Andyããã... DalekDOS v(overflow): (I)Obey (V)ision impaired (E)xterminateã--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52-c9c24daã þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.netã
  • From paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 to poindexter FORTRAN on Fri Feb 18 17:51:00 2022
    I just started playing with Kasm workspaces, it's a pretty nifty tool.ã pF> It runs in a docker container and streams container'ed environments or ã pF> applications into an isolated session, run in their open-source browser- ã pF> based VNC tool.ããI, also, recently started playing w/ KASM... I have a ProxMox VM with it right now, and used it while on my Texas trip last week to spin up a TOR browser. ããWhat do you use it for? Have you added any containers yourself - I had a bit of an issue trying to load a Syncterm Docker container; but it was user error for sure...ããAny plans for it - or just playing around? I have a few extra containers I'd like to add to mine...ãããã|07p|15AULIE|1142|07oã|08.........ã
  • From Mewcenary@VERT/EXTRICAT to poindexter FORTRAN on Sat Feb 19 07:52:30 2022
    Re: Kasm Workspacesã By: poindexter FORTRAN to All on Fri Jan 21 2022 11:48 amãã PF> I just started playing with Kasm workspaces, it's a pretty nifty tool. It ã PF> runs in a docker container and streams container'ed environments or ã PF> applications into an isolated session, run in their open-source browser- ã PF> based VNC tool.ãã PF> Out of the box it comes with Centos and Ubuntu, and includes browsers, ã PF> Slack, Teams and other apps that run in their own little web sandboxes. Very ã PF> handy.ãã PF> https://kasmweb.comããThis looks really cool! Thanks for sharing.ããI can't think of a personal use case at the moment (I'm using Proxmox with 1 x Windows and 1 x Ubuntu VMs in that cluster for general use, on top of the usual apps) -- but will keep a close eye...ããMewcenary.ãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Extricate BBS - bbs.extricate.orgã
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to Mewcenary on Sat Feb 19 09:02:00 2022
    Mewcenary wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-ãã Me> I can't think of a personal use case at the moment (I'm using Proxmoxã Me> with 1 x Windows and 1 x Ubuntu VMs in that cluster for general use, onã Me> top of the usual apps) -- but will keep a close eye...ããI like the idea of having a sandbox-ed browser, and I'd like a Kali Linux ãcontainer as well.ããã... Abandon desireã--- MultiMail/DOS v0.52ã þ Synchronet þ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.ã
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to poindexter FORTRAN on Mon Feb 21 14:56:06 2022
    Re: Re: Kasm Workspacesã By: poindexter FORTRAN to Mewcenary on Sat Feb 19 2022 09:02 amãã > -=> Mewcenary wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-ã > ã > Me> I can't think of a personal use case at the moment (I'm using Proxmoxã > Me> with 1 x Windows and 1 x Ubuntu VMs in that cluster for general use, on top ofã > Me> the usual apps) -- but will keep a close eye...ã > ã > I like the idea of having a sandbox-ed browser, and I'd like a Kali Linux containeã > as well.ã > ã > ã > ... Abandon desireããOpenBSD's Firefox port is sandboxed by default, using unveil().ããYou may also sandbox Firefox (or any popular browser) in Linux using Firejail.ãã--ãgopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalkenãã---ã þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FLã