HispaMSX

MSX-DOS RUSO

2000-11-30 17:01:18
Hola Francisco,

Que tal?

Soy Manuel. Gracias por subir el MSX-DOS RUSO
a hispamsx. Me lo baje anoche y he estado
haciendo pruebas con el, y con las ROMs de un
ordenador ruso que me he bajado.
El resultado se lo he enviado a Rudolf, el
autor del emulador RuMSX, para que cree una
configuracion nueva. Por mi parte, he estado
"trasteando" y podido ejecutar el RuMSX con
la configuracion y teclado rusos, no sin sufrir
los problemas de la no visualizacion de los
caracteres cirilicos en pantalla.
Te adjunto el email que le he mandado a Rudolf
porque pienso que te puede interesar. Quiza
tambien le interese a la persona que te paso
el sistema operativo.

=======================================
Hi Rudolf,

How are you?

I just write you this message concerning the
forthcoming release of RuMSX v.022 as there is
something I would like to talk to you about.

So far, RuMSX is grea because, among a number
of features, it is an emulator that supports
the following international configurations:

Arabic MSX2
Brasilian MSX2+
Korean MSX
Korean MSX2

This is because, apart from doing you have to
do, you have gotten the required ROMs for those
systems.

Now, I would like to request your attention
concerning the configuracion of the Russian MSX.
As you know, MSX computers were also sold in
Russia, or what we formerly knew as CCCP.

So, what about adding support for the Russian MSX?
Yes... the ROMs... but now, they are available at
www.filehunter.com/
under the ROM section. Nevertheless, I am attaching
them here, for your convenience:

the files are:
MSX2-Rus.zip
yis503ll-msxbios.zip
yis503ll-msx2sub.zip
yis503ll-msxbasic.zip
yis503ll-msxbios.zip

What I would like to get is an info file on
the MSX-Basic command files, as I believe
there must commands such as:
CALL ARB0
CALL ARB1
CALL ARB2
in the Arabic MSX2 that will let us change
to the arabic layout.

I have tried to make a New MSX Configuration
under RuMSX but really couldn't. If you know
of a way to do it, please, tell me how to.

And I have also copied msx2-rus.rom into the
system .rom directory and then changed msx2.rom
for msx2-rus.rom in msx2.cfg. The result has
been:
1. the Russian keyboard layout is active
2. the Russian fonts are NOT displayed, therefore
we get the westernized transliteration of any
key we press.
In spite of this annoyance, DIRs can be listed,
programs can be run etc. as long as you find what
the right correlation between the cyrillic key and
the westernized key. A result of this has been that
I have been able to run: TOP, a text editor (see
capture).

Sincerely,

Manuel

Pues ahi lo tienes.

Manuel

<Anterior en la conversación] Conversación actual [Siguiente en la conversación>