Exactly one year ago, we have launched the 1st edition of the Passion MSX2
Contest, but, unfortunaly, it has given only two games. We can note that the
1st edition of MSXdev' had only given 3 games. There must a beginning for
It is the cumulated result of two elements :
- lack of chance for the RyJuZo team, who has discovered lately some annoying
bugs in his ambitious project KnightMare III - Raziëls Revenge;
- apparent lack of interest from other coders (with exception for the Infinite
and TNI teams), to which we recommend the exclusive using of the Passion MSX
forums for any discussion, suggestion, asking for explanation in relation with
However, this situation does not prevent the Passion MSX team from going ahead
and coming already on 1st July 2009 with the 2nd edition of the Passion MSX2
Contest and an unaltered goal : the creation of new quality games for the
second generation of our beloved system, in other words : MSX2 !
Deadline is fixed to 30 June 2010, the format of your game needs to be a ROM
file with a maximum size of 512 kb, the game needs to be created specifically
for MSX2 and to work also without any problem on MSX2+ and MSXturboR.
Some changes by comparison with the 1st edition :
- the MSX2 machine needs to have 128 KB RAM in stead of 64 KB (by reference
with the RAM size of most European MSX2 machines);
- what concerns the MSX2+ compatibility, it must only be guaranteeed for the
machines whose the RAM has been extended internally or externally to 128 KB;
- there are still 3 prizes, but the global amount is 1500 in stead of 999 ;
- the non permanent member of the jury for this 2nd edition is Manuel Pazos, an
excellent Spanish coder.
For more infos, check our review about the contest ! Good luck to everybody !
French version :