HispaMSX

Big update of the blueMSX databases !!!

2012-11-11 21:59:53
Since 2009, the blueMSX databases have not been updated. Different personal
reasons explain that, but I don't want to annoy you with more details.

We have however collected many new data, especially because the MSX, Coleco and
Sega communities are very active. So, here's finally a big update that must be
viewed as a prelude to a new version of your preferred emulator.

Np, you don't dream, we are preparing also a big update of the emulator itself
!!!!

You can find the updated databases on our Resource page.

http://www.vik.cc/bluemsx/resource.html

Here's a small list of the changes :

- Coleco database : added many alternative dumps and new created roms

- Sega database : added many new dumps, especially Korean games

Remarks about Sega games :
* at the moment, you need to rename the small Korean/Taiwanese .sms games with
the .rom extension (the .sms extension will be supported in next blueMSX
version)
* some games don't work, we hope to fix that in the new version of the emulator
(the RAM extension for King's Valley will be emulated and there are also
launching problems to be fixed)
* the 4 following games require to be launched on the SF-7000 machine : Magical
Kid Wiz, Super Boy I, Super Boy III, Xyzolog

- SVI database : added some dumps, especially in the dsk section

- MSX tape database : no any change (will be developed later)

- MSX system roms database : added new dumps, many are related to new machines

- MSX game roms database : added a mountain of new creations, alternative dumps
coming especially from Korea, Arabic countries, the MSX Legacy Collection, also
conversions and/or improvements and/or translations made by Django, GDX,
Kabish, the MSX Files team, etc ...

Remark : some Korean MSX games use the MSXDOS2 mapper, it's recommend to select
this mapper manually as the emulator fails to use the correct mapper in this
case, even with the updated database (a bug that we hope to fix in the new
blueMSX version)

Enjoy still better your preferred emulator with these updated databases !

<Anterior en la conversación] Conversación actual [Siguiente en la conversación>
  • Big update of the blueMSX databases !!!, mars2000you <=