HispaMSX

Re: [hispamsx] Entornos gráficos en MSX ¿lentos? (viene de Uzix y MNBIOS)

2004-03-28 05:42:13
Hi, Carlos.

I hope you don`t mind if I reply your e-mail in English...

Se trata de EASE de Philips (sumistrado con ordenadores MSX 2 de la
serie NMS). Era un entorno muy amigable y muy rápido. Por tanto me lleva
a pensar que si es posible crear una interfaz gráfica de usuario a una
velocidad aceptable.

I know EASE, and it`s indeed very nice. EASE uses the same tricks I used in
XWind to make it fast: SCR6, simple widgets, plain windows. EASE uses big
fonts (or it would be unreadable on TVs), but XWind uses small fonts, trying
to use screen space better (surely you can`t do many useful things on a
so small workspace in EASE).
XWind is slow as EASE to render windows. Maybe it`s not so slow for a
calculator application, or a dialog box. But it`s slow for big windows (you can
check this just scrolling the directory list in EASE).
I recommend you downloading the DSK of XWind and trying it on openMSX
(don`t try with fMSX - its VDP command timming is broken). Try using the two
console windows that are displayed on screen and you`ll understand how slow
V99x8 is for a useful GUI. XWind page is here:
http://uzix.sourceforge.net/uzix2.0/index.php?page=xwind&lang=us

Regards,

Adriano

<Anterior en la conversación] Conversación actual [Siguiente en la conversación>