HispaMSX

RE: [hispamsx] Entornos gráficos en MSX ¿lentos? (viene de Uzix y MNBIOS)

2004-03-28 16:18:30
I will give a try to Xwind at openMSX and my turboR. It is true, that a
big window listing directory is a bit slow on EASE. But if you not
expand the window to the maximun, you get a very very acceptable speed.

As I said, small windows are rendered fast, but not big windows. And I think
you agree that using only small windows on a graphical application make
things terrible for the user (try using Windows/ KDE/Gnome/etc applications
with their windows resized to the same size of a dialog box).
Moreover, there`s the fact that EASE do not allow opening more then on
application at a time, so it doesn`t have to worry about one window overriding
another, clipping contents, etc.

Anyway, I'm not a MSX
coder, so I can evaluate how much a GUI enviroment as Ease can be done,
and what are his limitations.

But you are an MSX user. You can evaluate if a GUI would be useful or
not for you, or what you want on a GUI. That`s important. Let the coder tell
you if
it can be done or not.

Regards,

Adriano

<Anterior en la conversación] Conversación actual [Siguiente en la conversación>