HispaMSX

Re: [hispamsx] Hello World !!!! para MNBIOS

2004-03-26 19:00:19
And i are talking of BITMAPS (screen 5, 6, 7 y 8) and not chrs matrix......
ofcourse, is more simply save 1k or 2k of text matrix instead a 32k or 64k.

Of course.

It's very dangerous talking about "maximum hardware power" on a multitask
system.
I can talk about that because the structure of the kernel allow that.

It allows that, but not really uses that. UZIX could allow 64 concurrent access
IDE/SCSI devices, but nobody in the earth will do this. So, why spending time
in creating things that nobody will use? It's a case of saving development time.

You forgot to mention the C framework slowdown all the comunication.

If you're a bad C programmer, yes.

Take a simple example: reading data from disk and printing it to
screen. Writing code in ASM will not make things faster.
Yes, in assembler go faster, if you got a driver in assembler and a printing
functions in assembler

You're confusing I/O time with CPU time.

I tried creating a useful graphic environment for UZIX, like X-Windows.
256x192? screen 2 o 4?  that is a crap. you will lose much time calculating
the pattern byte of a coordinates. Bad desition.

Read my text again. I was talking about SCR6.

because it's slow (it's slow even using VDP hardware commands for
everything).
And how hell i made a FAST graphic enviroment on v9938?????

I'm sorry, but it's not enough fast for a useful multiwindow environment.
It's fast for only one window and only one process, and not full screen.
V99x8 is slow. I'm sorry if I disappointed you, but it's a fact.

Just write "FCB"
on DEMO mnbios version for see how fast is.

I already tried MNBIOS demo and could check the results.

400 functions
NO NO!!!, count only kernel functions plus I/O native drivers
functions....like COM / DISK / BDOS (BDOS on mnbios is MDOS).

Different things to compare. The public kernel functions are just a
few (about 20), but they are unique: all devices share the same
function for similar operations. So, "read" can be used for many
devices, like disk, memory, etc. The good thing (as in any UNIX
system) is that applications can use new devices for I/O without
even know this and without need to be recompiled or rewritten or
updated.
There are a lot of internal kernel functions, but I don't know how many.
However, they are, as I said, internals, and not available for user
applications.
How many unique functions MNBIOS has?

Regards,

Adriano

<Anterior en la conversación] Conversación actual [Siguiente en la conversación>